• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas "X" - 30th November

Nick

My money's on a C1 buggy, AKA the Apache/Axial releases of late. I think I'd prefer a 1/5 leccy anything, but with MS struggling to sell any of the CC 1/5 leccy systems, I think they are more likely to scale back to a size that's more affordable to the masses. However, to hold us in such suspense does indeed suggest this could be something big, no pun intended.

Roll on the thirtieth.

Unlikely traxxas knows their main market is the rc cars that is why they have not come out with another boat etc.. for a long time. Also the way they have made the release a mystery means it is something they are proud of and they would not waist their time making a "boat etc" :yawn: their featured product.

http://traxxas.com/products/models/marine/5707spartan

The Traxxas Spartan, Released under a year ago... :tease:

It will certainly be a car though, as their teaser pic looked a bit like a 2 stroke buggy...

has anyone thought of trying to 'decode' the x? if the velineon was a v with some water, maybe this has something to do with x? although i'm at a loss as to what i'm not entirely sure about them releasing a 1/5th.

current brainstorm ideas:

moto-x, maybe its a bike?

x as in the roman numeral? maybe its a new tenth scale?

certainly the x could be in the name, a competitor to the exo with a similar name

i think thats me out of ideas.

has anyone thought of trying to 'decode' the x? if the velineon was a v with some water, maybe this has something to do with x? although i'm at a loss as to what i'm not entirely sure about them releasing a 1/5th.

current brainstorm ideas:

moto-x, maybe its a bike?

x as in the roman numeral? maybe its a new tenth scale?

certainly the x could be in the name, a competitor to the exo with a similar name

i think thats me out of ideas.

revo x

it would be quite funny if it was just another version of the 1/8 revo with some new parts and a new body but at a higher price

yeah a revo x :) with new wheels, body and a big x cut out of the chassis

I wouldn't mind a brushless system that actually lasts more than a month before blowing up, or a decent engine! Maybe a big block? But seeing as the way things are going I doubt it will be a nitro based release.

I think it will be either 1/5 scale electric, something to compete with HPI's release of this Apache, or a rally car.

Whatever it is, it'll be underwhelming.

I'd say it'll be something to compete with the HPI Apache or Axial Exo, especially as they sponsor a super buggy in the TORC series.

QZ2J1961_P_cjgreaves.jpg

I want it to be this!