• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Christmas...........

hebby

same thing i want every xmas but never get.

to be left alone and the merryment kept as far away from me as possible....

This man has the correct idea.

christmas these days does not have a meaning. you ask a child what christmas is and 9/10 the reply is " gifts/money/presents ".

Its now early october, and by mid october we will start seeing the christmas tv adverts, it is all a farce now.

parents did not ask you what you wanted, they already knew what you wanted, a bike, some cars, a trainset or snow sled.

these days its Iphones, computers, consoles, mobilephones, the latest in shoe wear etc etc, large amounts of money and debt for others.

• Like 1

Nobody ever appreciates what they get for Xmas anyway! Either that or im rubbish at buying present for people.

I dislike xmas as its all so commercial and about buying the most expensive gifts for people. My 2 year old nephew is the only good thing about Xmas time because he was so excited last year and i cant wait to see his face again on Xmas morning with all the presents to open.

Despite that fact he doesn't actually care whats in there but the box and the paper is the most exciting part about it!

Hi guys.Corey Taylor summed it with his xmas song last year :( . I tried to get nofx's (US pUnk band) birthday song (worth a google) to number 1 through facebook last year,would have been hysterical,but no one else wanted to play :(

This man has the correct idea.

christmas these days does not have a meaning. you ask a child what christmas is and 9/10 the reply is " gifts/money/presents ".

Its now early october, and by mid october we will start seeing the christmas tv adverts, it is all a farce now.

parents did not ask you what you wanted, they already knew what you wanted, a bike, some cars, a trainset or snow sled.

these days its Iphones, computers, consoles, mobilephones, the latest in shoe wear etc etc, large amounts of money and debt for others.

Times change. Having a brand new train set is comparable to getting the new iPhone. Stop being a grumpy fart.

Times change. Having a brand new train set is comparable to getting the new iPhone. Stop being a grumpy fart.

Hardly. Even when I was growing up, it used to be kids would spend at least as long talking about what they got last christmas than what they were hoping for in the coming year. As Tamiya Cowboy said, nowadays its even more geared toward 5 minute fashions and gadgets. All of which will be forgetten about in a years time, funnily enough just in time for christmas again. Of course this happened before, but it was maybe a few popular stocking fillers, not to the scale of £xxx though. I started seeing advent calendars at the end of september, and shops are already selling mince pies etc that will be out of date by mid November.

As for me, I expressly avoided asking for anything this year. If people want to get me things they think I will appreciate, I'll be greatful for them, but I certainly wont be begging anyone to buy me something I want because "it's the season". But I guess that's me being "a grumpy fart".

• Like 1

Same as Nick. For me, Christmas is about spending time with family and enjoying the moment (and not to mention a great excuse to get hammered!). I only ever get £50 spent on me anyway. Not sure what I want yet. I got an MCX last year but now I have a PS3, I'm gonna look into games and DVD's. I'll probably get a few dvds anyway, I always do with my love of movies.

Lee.

It's my Birthday today and i got this and a few other bits. :D

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a6ad48760

Christmas aww a KM baja or a scaler or other railway stuff would be nice...

Nice! I've got the Select but haven't really had chance to use it properly yet. Should be able to once I've got the loft sorted.

Oh and Happy Birthday! :thumbsup:

Nice! I've got the Select but haven't really had chance to use it properly yet. Should be able to once I've got the loft sorted.

Oh and Happy Birthday! :thumbsup:

Thanks it really is a nice bit of kit, took me a couple of hours to get the hang of it but i've about sussed the basics now and got a few loco's chipped! :)

Just family and friends for me. :) They mean too much.

I totally agree pal BUT! i havnt spoken to my mum for the past 7 years and i have never even spoken to my dad even tho he knows who i am and we live in the same town yet he can walk past me in the street ( almost every day ) without so much as a hey! infact he has never even spoken to me once but you cant miss what you have never had :thumbsup:

Anyway back on topic..........

I dont speak to my family and the missus doesnt speak to hers prob mainly why we go away at christmas.

But yeah i know were your coming from in our house its all about the 5 of us and how much we mean to each other.