• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

which engine for my savage

bobpiper

hi everyone

took my savage out this morning with my son got himn going with his little buggie then proceded to fire up my savage let the engine warm foir a bit then a funny little ping noise and stop tried startin again but the engine was stuck solid so i waited for me boy to finish with his and went home with a sulk on lol anyway to cut a long story short the little pin on the crank that the conrod sits on has broken off thought that was the problem simple fix ideal i then tried to remove the piston to get the crank out and it was jammed in there and no amount of tapping or prodding will get it out even tried heating the head up and still wont come out

anyway which engine do you recomend for it as thought this is the perfect oppertunity to upgrade its a savage 25 so engine suggestions to suit this truck please

chears guys

mark

I got a Savage running a Force .32 and I think it's spot on for the truck. Also consider an STS.30

Both are decent budget engines. You really want a .28 or bigger for a Savage not so much for the power but for the torque. If budget is no problem look at an LRP Z30 .... but also budget for a set of BP diffs for when yours explode :)

I recently fitted an LRP Z28R to my Savage 3.5, absolutely over the moon with the performance. I changed the clutch bell and spur to 17/47, and I'm also running a 3-speed gearbox. It's awesome. Amazing acceleration and top speed, and I can pop wheelies on demand :D

Downside is I blew my diffs in no time, I have upgraded to BulletProof diffs, just waiting on some SHD dogbones then she's back up and running :D

Edited by DreXeL

i used to have savage nitro then got flux and new geting a truggy but the best engine i would say for that would be the http://www3.towerhob...&I=AXIG0001&P=X

this the Axial .28 Spec 1S Engine Green engine very good very fast and you can get parts from all over the net. Thanks goose

Spiderpig....IS THAT YOU!!! :rofl:

Hi, I have just run in ab sts .30. Its gots bags of torque and speed. However, it did what eveyone said it would . . . . . . trashed the diffs so I am now waiting on BP diffs (this week hopefully).

Here is a video of me when I was fine tunning it . . . . note the way it bounces off its roof when I put full throtle on . . . . and then proceeds to ruin the diffs towards the back end when its just spinning front wheels!!!