• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

1 hour ago, LifeofBrian said:

How can I get rid of excessive play in the axles?

New bearings will help a bit. The most play will be in the rear bearing carriers and camber links. It will never be entirety free of play though since the e-firestorm is not the most precisely made of RC cars. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really finding it hard to feel enthusiastic about RC about the moment so yesterday I converted the Firestorm back to original trim and painted up a new body shell with the intention of selling. However, it now looks so good I think I'll give it another chance :D

a2cc4d0db79844694450490b5836d09a.jpg

Mine is up for sale again, keep losing interest too. I think I am still more of a crawler guy even though I don't have the best places to run one. Ideal number of RC's is 2 for me ;) but I'm poor so only one at a time at the moment.

I like the more technical side of scaling, over the full blown fun of the E-Firestorm.

4 hours ago, ostewart said:

Mine is up for sale again, keep losing interest too. I think I am still more of a crawler guy even though I don't have the best places to run one. Ideal number of RC's is 2 for me ;) but I'm poor so only one at a time at the moment.

I like the more technical side of scaling, over the full blown fun of the E-Firestorm.

yeah I keep looking at it......:whistling:.......

Love for my fs has been lost at the moment. Think I've run it once all year. Now I have the desertwolf it doesn't get a look in. Plus bashing has died near me so going back the to rock racing/crawling side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evssv said:

yeah I keep looking at it......:whistling:.......

It's a though little cookie with good electrics and all in good nick with new diff internals spare ;)

All it could use is new outdrives and maybe dogbones then you have a practically new and high spec E-Firestorm 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ostewart said:

It's a though little cookie with good electrics and all in good nick with new diff internals spare ;)

All it could use is new outdrives and maybe dogbones then you have a practically new and high spec E-Firestorm 

yeah me boy had one.:yes:...an I`m not sure if I need a 1/0th again :huh:but I was gonna make a bonkers 1/10th like my 8s savvy flux......and this looks perfect.....4/5/6s fs flux....:naughty:

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, locky said:

Ran both shortcourse and larger size 1144, best when really wet/muddy as too much grip in dry for me.

I went for the short course because I was worried that the truck ones would be too tall at over 5"! I ended up getting them at a great price from @stretch too :) I run my Firestorm on loose hard pack and grass, hopefully I won't burn through them too quickly. I'm sure we won't be short of wet/muddy conditions over the next few months lol.

44 minutes ago, EquinoxRC said:

wow, Almost looks like a Tank. Those wheels look amazing, do you have a link for them?

I bought the wheels from a member on here, the DE Borrego

http://www.deracing.net/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=174_175

First bash with the new wheels today and I love them! They're perfect for where I bash :) The new shell didn't hold up so well, cheap FTX crap but I thought the shoe goo would be enough to make it last a few bashes at least. Never mind, it was worth it :D

43f931a9deb6ba32d7652f79a9b0862f.jpg

e7791d4ce0d41b329ee73a5bfb37a3d2.jpg

26ac141c0ffff07e3bbe9ccfec86e53d.jpg

b9d6df97031a99df80a4aed4155a9437.jpg

Any idea how those Badlands compare to the Big Joe II's, the Firestorm is so hard to keep in a straight line, maybe that's just the Firestorm but I had Badlands years ago on a Slash 2WD and I loved 'em.

59fcad8af2e90_smalltyre.thumb.jpg.5deeaeda5d03dd648a6e0c0790451a73.jpg

On 11/2/2017 at 13:29, everclear1984 said:

First bash with the new wheels today and I love them! They're perfect for where I bash :) The new shell didn't hold up so well, cheap FTX crap but I thought the shoe goo would be

enough to make it last a few bashes at least. Never mind, it was worth it :D