• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

If you were accepting having to get a new esc you might aswell repair that one yourself, surely you can either remove or cut the casing and resolder. ..

Also how did you manage that, wire must have been reasonably well tugged for that to happen, or too hot

Just gat back from a quick shakedown. First impressions are good however the stock servo is terrible (wasn't expecting it to be great) and my ESC was flapping around so I have just stuck it down again hopefully I've done a better job than HPI. The stock tyres seem pretty decent as well. Just got to wait for my 3s lipos to turn now.

Unfortunately I didn't get any pics as I was waiting to see what else HPI failed to secure.

If you were accepting having to get a new esc you might aswell repair that one yourself, surely you can either remove or cut the casing and resolder. ..

Also how did you manage that, wire must have been reasonably well tugged for that to happen, or too hot

Little brother came back with it like that :(

How am I supposed to repair that as the ESC is sealed by the looks, also how is the small little wire going to be re soldered ?

It's worth trying to repair however with it being the positive connection if the fix doesn't hold it could come apart again and short on something then you could have a lipo fire on your hands, not really worth the agro for the sake of new esc.

Edited by stretch

Errr can't believe it,

Is this repairable ? Can someone please help meimage.jpg1_zpsvg7zaa6r.jpg

I'd try two ways of repairing that..

Solder pin in the hole, you would need to drill a tiny hole to insert it..

Or screw in a threaded ferrel in the hole, then fill full of solder and insert the wire..

• Like 1

Just waiting for my lads firestorm flux to be delivered with 3s lipo. Not sure whe is more exited me or him.

You should probably pick a second one up for yourself, you wouldn't want him getting lonely ;)

I am up and running again :)

Took if to the lad who does the soldering in work and told him I thought it might not be possible and he said ' is that it ? I can do that a piece of cake '

Just waiting for my extra lipo to come from hobby king.

• Like 1

Took if to the lad who does the soldering in work and told him I thought it might not be possible and he said ' is that it ? I can do that a piece of cake '

result! !!and get him to do the esc rx wire aswell then if poss. ..jus use a old servo wire Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

Glad you got it sorted :) Now go bash it :D

• Like 1