• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Going brushless will give you the best bang for your buck. You'll notice an instant performance increase but be prepared to experiment with gearing.

I could have dented the motor I guess but couldn't see anything obvious after a quick inspection.

Froggy, pm incoming

Well it turns out the motor I bought is absolute junk so I'm looking for a replacement. Funds are tight at the moment so the car is out of action for a while but if someone could recommend a decent motor so I know what sort of thing I'll be looking at when the time comes I'd be very greatful. Cheap is key and i'd be looking for 3500kv upwards and capable of occasionally running 3s.

Thanks in advance :)

Well it turns out the motor I bought is absolute junk so I'm looking for a replacement. Funds are tight at the moment so the car is out of action for a while but if someone could recommend a decent motor so I know what sort of thing I'll be looking at when the time comes I'd be very greatful. Cheap is key and i'd be looking for 3500kv upwards and capable of occasionally running 3s.

Thanks in advance :)

Hobbywing 3656

Or look on hobbyking website they have lots of cheap motors

All the ones on the hobbyking website seem to be sensored, i'll take another look now though. I have a Vapor Pro ESC by the way if that helps.

Can't find anything you'll have to look around

My lads 10t has suddenly started running very slow. Has he cooked the motor or esc? Hes only had it 3 weeks, do these things come with warranty?

yes if you bought it new it will have warranty get onto the shop you got it from in the first instance.

My lads 10t has suddenly started running very slow. Has he cooked the motor or esc? Hes only had it 3 weeks, do these things come with warranty?

The motor might have been worn out by the lipo power.

Or there's a transmission binding

Right, the car still runs full speed in reverse but 50% forwards! Any ideas?

Thanks

The motor is probably worn out since as though most of the time you are going forwards. Most stock brushed motors in rtr cars wear out quite quickly even with nimh

A better quality brushed motor or brushless might be advisable

Edited by Leo Best

The motor is probably worn out since as though most of the time you are going forwards. Most stock brushed motors in rtr cars wear out quite quickly even with nimh

A better quality brushed motor or brushless might be advisable

Shouldn't have worn out after just 3 weeks unless he's been running for hours everyday.

You can also try recalibrating and setting up the end points again.