• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Thanks I've mailed them - will wait and see.  I have fitted the new pinion too,  Getting apprehensive about running it now lol.

My manual, on page 25 says to back it off 6 turns - that seems way too much.?..

Separate question, what are these parts?

P1010411_zpsilbvcq56.jpg

I think the upper ones in the pack on the right are for the steering. :)

I'm going to get a couple of spare spurs I think.  And a pinion too I suppose.  What other parts do you guys recommend any self-respecting Flux owner should own should the inevitable happen?

Cheers all. :)

Lost a body clip too so I'll need a bag of those.

Like I said in my last post, refer to the blitz manual for adjusting the slipper clutch..

As the reference in the firestorm manual is for the old style slipper clutch. The firestorm now has the same as the blitz.

Page 26-27 http://www.hpiracing.com/assets/documents/instruction_manuals/109335-blitz_flux-eu-m-v1.pdf

Oh and there a bag of black plastic bits... :D

All the parts are listed in the back of the firestorm manual..

Edited by Goldigger

I put mine in the sink and poured water over the suspension/wheels slowly and then dried.  What sort of oil/grease should be used.

Took it out yesterday with the speed spur/pinion fitted (2S Lipo) - it's stupidly fast.  Any idea how fast anyone?  On tarmac.  I had the controller about 3/4 down and I'd guess it was about 30mph.  I then pressed the trigger further and it spun the back wheels and wheelied.  Took it onto grass and did the same and then flipped backwards and went end over end for about 30ft.  Thankfully all OK!  Amazing car.  Need to get back to the stock spur/pinion though.  Disappointingly, Modelsport just said they didn't have any stock but I could order one from them.  Not great after stripping it on the spur on the second use. :(

I put mine in the sink and poured water over the suspension/wheels slowly and then dried. What sort of oil/grease should be used.

Took it out yesterday with the speed spur/pinion fitted (2S Lipo) - it's stupidly fast. Any idea how fast anyone? On tarmac. I had the controller about 3/4 down and I'd guess it was about 30mph. I then pressed the trigger further and it spun the back wheels and wheelied. Took it onto grass and did the same and then flipped backwards and went end over end for about 30ft. Thankfully all OK! Amazing car. Need to get back to the stock spur/pinion though. Disappointingly, Modelsport just said they didn't have any stock but I could order one from them. Not great after stripping it on the spur on the second use. :(

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=103373

Or ebay always has them

http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=Hpi+103373&isNewKw=1&_pgn=1&epp=24&itemId=&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&sqp=hpi+103373&trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xhpi+103373

Well it looks like I'm joining the ranks of Firestorm ownership. I am buying a rolling chassis.

My only problem now is, the only spare electrics I have is a 10 turn brushless combo, and I fear the 380 sized rotor may struggle, so may have to save for a new combo.

around 8.5 9t is good for these, theres some combos linked on 1st post and if you read back theres some more linked, sc8 wp esc.

• Like 1

"If there's a will, there's a way"

You can make any body fit if you really want to. There's a few other stadium truck bodies in this link. Ford, Dodge, Chevy etc.

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/product_category/BO10M

Edited by Tiernan85

It'll be tight I think, going by mine. With the foam under the tower, mine is snug at 143mm long. 50mm wide is right on the limit but it does go in.

I've just ordered some 4500 3S 30C Floureon batteries which are

Would you chaps be so kind to confirm that this 3s LiPo will fit the FSF please.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__26737__Turnigy_5000mAh_3S_40C_Lipo_Pack_UK_Warehouse_.html

battery tray dimensions are in the first post along with a 3s battery recommendation http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__28994__Turnigy_4000mAh_3S_40C_Lipo_Pack_UK_Warehouse_.html

Just out of curiosity. What is the maximum height with the 3S battery hold down piece?

The 3s on the first page fits with just the normal hold down. With the varying new batteries(and battery hold down) available since that 3s battery was updated to this thead, I can guarantee there are other bigger batteries that fit now and would be worthwhile updating on this thread. I don't have the extended hold down so can't confirm these dimensions.

With that being said, Danny that battery is likely going to be a struggle to fit for two reasons. First it's 1mm taller than the current battery tray allows. Secondly, you can run a taller battery than 26mm but it then has to be under 145mm long. While your battery states 145mm this does not take into account the extra 5-10mm needed for the wires on that battery to fit. I would think most of the hard case zippy 5000mah 3s should fit fine, but again the dimensions for maximum height with the 3s battery holder need to be known to ensure you buy something correct(hence my question above).

Another option, and one I've done on other similar rc's is to dremel two horizontal slots into the side of the battery tray just big enough to fit a Velcro strap and use that instead to secure your batteries. Then your battery height is not so much a concern and just keeping the length around 140mm all you need to worry about. And width of 50mm. But I know if you did this, there are some fair sized batteries that would work.

Edited by Tiernan85