• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show Us Your Savvy!

dazzi220

Has anyone fitted Baja 5b shocks to their Savvy? I currently have the 4 shock setup and a couple of the shafts are less than straight lol. Some 5b shocks have come up for sale locally at a good price and they look like they might fit if I reduce the length a little. 

1 hour ago, everclear1984 said:

Has anyone fitted Baja 5b shocks to their Savvy? I currently have the 4 shock setup and a couple of the shafts are less than straight lol. Some 5b shocks have come up for sale locally at a good price and they look like they might fit if I reduce the length a little. 

IIRC they will fit but look crazy, i think its baja fronts that people use as the rears are longer. See if you can grab a set of big bores, or maybe IRC big bores if youre feeling it. Or just grab a shedload of stock shocks, they are cheap

• Like 1

Today was the second run since switching from 4s to 5s. So far it's cost me a wheel, a set of TVP's and a motor wire got ripped off (now resoldered), but I 100% won't be going back to 4s!! :D

Question: Can I replace the Savage X 4.6 TVP's with Alza Flux ones without any further modifications? 

Cheers all. 

IMG_20200531_170745

IMG_20200531_170811

it probably needs some extra bracing as well as new tvps, now that you took the engine mount out you removed what was basically a massive tvps brace. 

1 hour ago, everclear1984 said:

Good point, I guess I could put the engine mount back in. Would a skid plate serve the same purpose? 

im not 100% sure but i think a plate in the middle is better than just a plate at the bottom, but i might be wrong. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Work in progress savvy conversion. Just awaiting the alza racing and arrma diff. Have 17mm hex on order and will look to put beadlocks on instead of the large swamp dawgs on at present. Max 8 with 2200 motor running 4s

20200609_194625.jpg

20200609_194642.jpg

20200609_194716.jpg

20200609_195032.jpg

20200609_194633.jpg

• Like 2

Work in progress savvy conversion. Just awaiting the alza racing and arrma diff. Have 17mm hex on order and will look to put beadlocks on instead of the large swamp dawgs on at present. Max 8 with 2200 motor running 4s

3w lights just arrived from china

• Like 1

On 10/06/2020 at 18:09, Tug said:

Nice, but I'd lose the ally arms. 

Yeah ally arms just bend the chassis. No flex

Almost finished the conversion. Managed to invert the old bottom plate to give diff a bit of protection. Alta 3.8 and trenches tyres arriving saturday to complete. Not sure I like the battery holders may have to change them as well as the box. This is a strictly tarmac truck. I have a buggy for bashing. Any other ideas would be appreciated

20200618_201029.jpg

20200618_201051.jpg

20200618_201102.jpg

20200618_201111.jpg

20200618_201128.jpg

20200618_201232.jpg

• Like 3

On 19/06/2020 at 10:19, Bajadre said:

Looking great Ivess 😍👍

Nearly there now the axial beadlocks turned up with 1 set of 3.8 40 series trencher. Pig to fit. Other tyres should be here Monday. I will post the finished article soon as done 

9 hours ago, ivess3 said:

Nearly there now the axial beadlocks turned up with 1 set of 3.8 40 series trencher. Pig to fit. Other tyres should be here Monday. I will post the finished article soon as done 

The 40 series are extremely tall, I hated them. 

Their height will make the car unstable on road at speed. 

13 hours ago, Tug said:

The 40 series are extremely tall, I hated them. 

Their height will make the car unstable on road at speed. 

More for the look. I like to build cars don't drive them too much. Plan on lowering suspension with some different shocks. Have a giro to fit which may help a bit. Will order some road tyres this week as well which may help. Have some gun metal nuts coming as well rather than the purple 

20200621_214804.jpg

On 15/06/2020 at 20:07, Tug said:

Ally arms bend, that was my point. Look nice, but useless for actually driving. 

Yep. If they only bent themselves that wouldn't be so bad but bending the chassis too is right annoying 😂

41 minutes ago, ivess3 said:

More for the look. I like to build cars don't drive them too much. Plan on lowering suspension with some different shocks. Have a giro to fit which may help a bit. Will order some road tyres this week as well which may help. Have some gun metal nuts coming as well rather than the purple 

20200621_214804.jpg

Love the look of trenchers. Never had any on my trucks though sadly. They any good for bashing? 

6 minutes ago, GSGA said:

Love the look of trenchers. Never had any on my trucks though sadly. They any good for bashing? 

Don't know and unlikely to find out. Maybe some one else here my be ble to answer that