• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Brushless summit

NOFX

Hi guys,I've got a MMM'd summit.It's tougher than the 3.3 maxx,jumps better too.The T locks are fine if you don't lock/change gear at speed.Anyone else got a sumit? :)

I could never have sold mine, now it's BL it'll be buried with me, one of my favourite rides. Turnigy Trackstar ESC and Neu 2200kv motor, genuine Neu by the way! This is it running on 3s.

I have a Summit.

I am using a Leopard 2000kv motor and a Hobbywing 150amp ESC.

Clive what are those tyres you are using and are you using a single 3S or twin 3S batteries in the video?

Proline Trenchers and 2 3s packs in parallel for extended runtime. Tomorrow 4s!

Proline Trenchers and 2 3s packs in parallel for extended runtime. Tomorrow 4s!

That's good performance for for 3S. The leopard is a bit sluggish on a single 3s pack so I always run on 4S.

I am still on the original canyon tyres but they ballon like crazy at speed so I am on the look out for affordable replacements.

Someone is selling a selling a new set of new Talons on 17mm hex wheels on Ebay for around £50 so I might go for them. I think they are breaking up a Revo for parts.

Edited by Dust Cloud

I take it you were driving like you stole it! :lol:

Always do :) .I spend so much time fixing stuff,I've got 7 trucks,only 2 of 'em running(when I've fixed the summits driveshafts) Gotta figure out how to fix the outer "cv" joint,I've already done the rotate 90 degrees and drill,thing,gonna be ordering a couple from modelsport on payday. I normally take 2 trucks,at least one'll go home broken :)

Mines Castle creations MMM .About 4 hp on 4s lipo's :). I'n still waiting (2 bloody weeks) for a MMM heatsink/blower for the motor and a field card so I can get reverse without having to fart about downloading stuff from castle's website. My summits 2.4 ghz too,the motor throws out more radio signals than the stock am radio,,,,? lol .

Mines Castle creations MMM .About 4 hp on 4s lipo's :). I'n still waiting (2 bloody weeks) for a MMM heatsink/blower for the motor and a field card so I can get reverse without having to fart about downloading stuff from castle's website. My summits 2.4 ghz too,the motor throws out more radio signals than the stock am radio,,,,? lol .

Does the castle motor really need a heatsink on 4S? I thought these motors would be quite cool running due to their high efficiency.

Does the castle motor really need a heatsink on 4S? I thought these motors would be quite cool running due to their high efficiency.

None of mine do, it's usually down to gearing. Tweak that till it all runs cool and fans aren't needed.

Hi.I'm running 17/68 gearing,wanted to go a little faster :) . I've tried a 22/58 in the ice,but the motor got hot (it was - 6 c ) and it was dementedly fast,too fast for 1 inch thick ice.I wanted to try 18/68,the fan/blower'd help when its running in the in the rough stuff.

I had 28/68 in flm e-maxx, it was fast on 4s, but ran a little hot, now back to 22/68, not tried it yet, but should be better all round ratio and not so hot.

Edited by mrclive

Hi the summit weighs a stone,Don't know how much the emaxx weighs,it's probably lighter though.

The E-Maxx I was refering to is a Fastlanemachine all ally thing, it's pretty weighty.

IMG_2800.jpg

Damn thats a busy Emaxx!

Old photo, it's slightly tidier now.

mrclive - are you local to that football field in Ruislip where the video was taken? I live 2 min away from there?

Hi, which vid are you talking about, the Summit vid?

I have a Summit.

I am using a Leopard 2000kv motor and a Hobbywing 150amp ESC.

Do you get alot of cogging with this set up ?

I was thinking of getting the same ESC to run a castle 1717 in my Summit, but dont want to loose its rock crawling abilities.

Do you get alot of cogging with this set up ?

I was thinking of getting the same ESC to run a castle 1717 in my Summit, but dont want to loose its rock crawling abilities.

I don't get any cogging at all in low gear and minimal cogging in high gear.

Cogging usually only occurs if I slam on the breaks at speed then try to accelerate immediately from a stand still. Other than that it's pretty smooth.

I don't get any cogging at all in low gear and minimal cogging in high gear.

Cogging usually only occurs if I slam on the breaks at speed then try to accelerate immediately from a stand still. Other than that it's pretty smooth.

How tolerant is this ESC with water ? Splashproof only or is it submergeable and have you tried so ?