• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

Gday Gang,

Thanks for the help so far.

Anyone got the following parts gathering dust that they might sell before I order brand new.

The Clear inner gear cover LOSB3193

Aftershock steering hardware set LOSB4201

Thanks

Rob

Edited by Hegs44

• 4 weeks later...

Just took the newly converted losi out, and ran sweet for 5 mins. Now it's making I pitch squeal when running. The slipper is fairly tight. When the wheels are in the air, the sound is fine. 

I'm pretty sure the diffs are OK... But not sure about the gearbox. 

Will have to strip it down before summer! 

OK,  stripped down the slipper to find out I am only running with two pads! The centre one completely disintegrated!! 

No wonder there is a high pitch squeal! I've ordered two sets of slipper pads from the states in case that happens again! 

I can only assume my slipper was too loose ??!

Yay...found a spare 2 speed gear set in my my spare box..so got the whole slipper clutch to swap out now! Still put an order in from the States for when my friend is over next!

• 2 years later...

Hows everyone doing?

Been  a long time since I've been on here. My XXL has been sat in its box in the loft for coming up 10 years I guess 🙄

Thinking of moving it on, or maybe converting it. Nitro just isn't convenient for me anymore really 😒

Hey Pal, 

Hows it going!

I've still got mine, but I ended up doing a brushless conversion on mine! Since doing it, I used it a couple of times! 

I'm still torn whether I should sell it or keep it!! The problem is, I 've got soo many spares and supplies and I know I wouldn't recover the money on. 

Also, there is nothing on the market that floats my boat within my budget! I'd be tempted with the Traxxas X Maxx but at a cost of £1k not inc needed mods..I can't justify it. Esp as I'm hardly taking the cars out at the moment!

But yeah, I'm done with Nitro! I still miss it occasionally...but if I want to go out now...All I have to do is charge the batteries and go...no more guessing whether it will be an hour in the field thinking if I got enough glowplugs or got enough spares etc.

Havn't used mine in ages either, probabably around the last time I posted here. These days I've gone over to scale, 1:10 crawling.

I'll still hang on to the old gal though, for when I get the itch.

Tom.

Yeah, its a shame as they were great trucks!! I will be breaking mine out again in summer! Just on the verge of extending our house...so everything has been put into boxes deep in the garage until the work is complete. 

Still may test the water once the house is done, if I get a decent price on it as a roller..I might be tempted to take the electrics to another vehicle.

I'm just worried about damaging the truck in case I can't get spares! Its gone from a basher to a shelf queen!

• 4 weeks later...

Recently dug out my old LST2 with plans of getting it back up & running again.

1469584483_losilst23.thumb.jpg.281b34daddd5bc9a6dbd8fa56cf067a4.jpg

656873515_losilst22.thumb.jpg.13e7570cda479a26fe445f3e25e208ff.jpg

So obviously i'm going to need to get some fresh fuel, new glow plug & glow starter.

I have these in my basket currently ↓ Do you think they'll be alright?

1532666385_msuknitrobasket.png.f357b04ba7c72d3523c86590c90c2dbe.png

Also going to need a new nitro starter drill (complete with battery) so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great 😁

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So this thread hasn't seen the light of day for a while.  Does anyone still run their LSTs?  I've done a BL conversion on mine and am currently servicing it.  

Needs a new shell too.

Let's see some recent LSTs

• Like 1

That's mental Redback,   Nice amount of torque there.

As previously mentioned.  I'm just servicing mine.  Stripped the diffs down to do oil, the large bevels were a little awkward to come off/out, but when they did, This was what remained of the pins:

20210517_160732.jpg

• Sad 2

I've got the front end done though, and am just waiting on a new upper front deck as the carbon one I had broke the last time I went out.  What I did do whilst there was to refurb the driveshafts as they were quite tatty looking.  As you can see, they are now a grey colour.  I sprayed them in zinc galvanising spray.

20210517_160849.jpg

Alas, here's a photo of my BL conversion.  Sorry if it's a bit grainy, it's a screenshot from one of utoob vibs.  Leopard 2000kv motor, hobbywing 6s esc,  Lunsford Ti turnbuckles, FOC and single speed conversion.  I can't remember the name of the firm that did the knuckles, but they were from the states and very well made.  Proline Trenchers on the corners.

vlcsnap-2021-05-17-17h21m10s818.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 23/11/2020 at 08:18, James.S said:

Recently dug out my old LST2 with plans of getting it back up & running again.

1469584483_losilst23.thumb.jpg.281b34daddd5bc9a6dbd8fa56cf067a4.jpg

656873515_losilst22.thumb.jpg.13e7570cda479a26fe445f3e25e208ff.jpg

I have these in my basket currently ↓ Do you think they'll be alright?

1532666385_msuknitrobasket.png.f357b04ba7c72d3523c86590c90c2dbe.png

Also going to need a new nitro starter drill (complete with battery) so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great 😁

Ah, Those were the days, am OE shell on an LST2, haha, great work.

Optifuel.  personally, I don't know much about this fuel, but I have read that their car blend isn't as good as their helicopter blend,, which is their main orientation I believe.  Turbo glow plug.  I could be wrong here as I never had an original 426 or whatever they were called, but I have had a couple of the old SH 28s, and a mate had an LRP spec 2, and they are all the same family.  None of which had a turbo plug, they all used normal plugs with the copper washer.  Just offering out what I've gleaned over the years.  Nothing wrong with the glow plug starter though, lol.

Also, when you laid the engine up, did you after run it?  if not, you may have some corrosion in there, on the bearings.  Before starting it, I would be inclined to warm it up with a hot air gun or hair dryer too.  Just to give it a fighting chance.  Good luck, let us know how you get on.

So, refinished my rear diff cups, rear prop UJ cup, and main drive shafts with the galvanising spray I mentioned before.  I'm quite pleased with the results.  Far better than rusty and tatty looking.   

20210520_163237.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think i destroyed something, Did a few wheelies then something let go, drives ok at at slow speed however, when punching it spins up to speed then the transmission seems to disengage, spins down and re bites at slow speeds, both high and low and reverse, no crunching, could it be the slipper plates, i didnt think it would engage as i only use the 1st speed spur, the 2nd speed just spins around doing nothing.
No issues before i gave it a go on 6s maybe this was a mistake 😞

So great result last weekend with my LST2. 

It hadn't been started in about 14 years but with some fresh fuel, new batteries for the transmitter & a charge up on the 6.0v nimh, we got it running again in about 5 minutes 😁

I say we, but it was mostly @Luvell RC with his extensive knowledge of nitro. So another big thank you to you Mark. It was great to again be able to drive something that's so sentimental to me, and lots of nostalgic feelings/sounds/smells were had 😄

Few pics & vids were taken on the day. Credit to @Bert_w164 & @Luvell RC for taking them. They will be posted soon 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see this thread being used again, I am about to get my XXL e out of storage for use this summer, it has been over shadowed by the X Maxx to long...

If memory serves me right the steering servos are not that good, so I have a couple of 1256 in stock, which should sort that issue.

Also the need to keep a good eye on the slipper clutch nut, they had a habit of working loose after a couple of runs.

• Like 2

Thanks @James.S@Luvell RC and I became friends not too long before we met you. We've had many discussions about what this hobby means to us and the both of us are energised by helping others, being a part of the community and finding like minded people. 

Im really happy to see @Luvell RCget credit where it's deserved he's helped me out a lot too. Moving forward I'd like to continue organising bashing sessions in this manner, bit of food, bit of a laugh, bashing and dabbling in the community. 

As you experienced, @Luvell RC was more than happy to get your MT started, give access to his resources etc without the expectation of anything in return. 

Chaps, you've truly demonstrated what good looks like in a community 🤗 let's continue with this mantra 😎

• Like 3

Excellent post Amin  :good: I think you got all the points covered there and I concur with everything you said.

Can't wait til our next weekend of antics 😁

• Like 2