• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Flux owner club

bulletflux 345

Apparently the stock towers are prone to bending. It's not happened to mine yet, but I'm monitoring them.

I'd think it was unlikely to be the bulkhead.

How are they holding up and are they heavy? They don't seem a bad price if you compare to a clear shell and few tins of paint.

well as u can see I haven't used it yet...lol...its to new!!..don't wanna wreck it. .....yeah i know I know. .lol!!. 20150316_193457_zpsp0ehsuvr.jpg Edited by evssv

Hi guys, anyone got a flux xl with a MMXL2 mounted to it ? I just got one to go on mine ( figured with a 1717 it would be wrong not to ), and I'm wondering how to mount it up.

I'm using the IRC xl tvps, with the mid tank irc mod for the front plate to mount esc, RX etc to, ALZA centre diff. The tvps are just a bit shorter than stock xl tvps. I've mocked a few things up which I wasn't happy with. So any pics to get the juices flowing with a similar setup ?

Or should I just go ALZA 5b tvps and be done with it ?

Here it is before I removed the esc/ RX box

image.jpg4_zpsyxxxa4kj.jpg

Here it is with bits removed

b4f4305ec019a02fded15556f10f0b85_zpshj3w

537979c774809c25a81765e6a21893b5_zpscn8w

518cb4a0402d7c78d2dba005bf6d09a2_zpsy79m

If only the TVPS were the same height on both sides above the motor, would be an ideal place to knock up a plate and mount it, a lot if not all the tvps are the same it seems.

Up front is a bit awkward, as the IRC plate has lots of cut outs, so it makes it pretty damn hard to mount it directly to that. Bar all that, it's a cable tie job, but I'd prefer something a little more permanent and secure.

Edited by Huktonfonics

c2c94134986357e21687bfb40db49e34.jpg

If you go onto ALZA's website and have a look for the chassis braces that he sells then they could make it a whole lot easier! They have m4 holes at each end for mounting to the chassis and they also have 2 x m3 holes on the long side which just so happen to be the perfect length for mounting an XL2 on to :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c2c94134986357e21687bfb40db49e34.jpg

If you go onto ALZA's website and have a look for the chassis braces that he sells then they could make it a whole lot easier! They have m4 holes at each end for mounting to the chassis and they also have 2 x m3 holes on the long side which just so happen to be the perfect length for mounting an XL2 on to :)

What tvps are those mate ? The IRC ones arnt like that on those locations. The one side of the tvp is lower than the other on mine :(

What tvps are those mate ? The IRC ones arnt like that on those locations. The one side of the tvp is lower than the other on mine :(

these are the ALZA tvp's, ironically the spacing between the mounting holes one the xl2 match perfectly to both the braces and the tvp's :) so it's pretty much a straight fit

Is there no where in the IRC chassis that is level? You could always drill your own holes

Nah, only place i can mount it like that is up front but then because the way the tvps are, its a bit awkward, starting to regret getting the irc tvps a bit, the alza stuff seems to have a lot more accesories