• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya JGSDF Type 10 Tank - Tamiya Fair Pics

TWINSET

Driver looks a miserable bugger!

Aye...  However,  for all we know that might just be a neutral face of seriousness for a Japanese man.    In a state of focused concentration due to the demanding task of keeping over 45 tons of armoured war machine rolling in a safe and controlled manner through and around challenging obstacles....

Yea a gyro, my Leopard 2A6 has one for gun elevation but not rotation, hopefully they will do an upgrade kit for the Leopard because I would buy it straight away :)

Why don't you have a go at rigging one up for yourself matey?

Have a link to your tank's assembly manual?,  and some pics or your own machine...  How does the turret rotation work?

Where theres a will theres a way with hobby grade RC :-)

Now thats a lush piece of military hardware. 

check out that 50 cal , the ammobox and round chute both sit in the correct place ( unlike others i seen ) 

and the scale look cocking handle even if its the hook shape and not the straight bar old style. 

i bet this cost a fortune, i like the target lock feature clever use of headlocking compass maybe 

• 1 month later...

This is the newest kit release in the 1/16 R/C tank series. It recreates the Japanese Type 10 Tank, which is also available as a 1/35 scale model kit. The Type 10, of course, is the high-tech modern addition to the Japan Ground Self Defense Force (JGSDF), and comes loaded with state-of-the-art features such as a newly-designed 120mm smooth-bore main gun, and modular armor.

gallery_4895_8_7543.jpg

gallery_4895_8_44192.jpg

It was built to a relatively small and lightweight design for suitability of use in the mountainous Japanese archipelago, and offers excellent speed and maneuverability. Perhaps most importantly, it was also designed to be compatible with the modern C4I communications network system. Deployment started in 2012 and continues apace as the Type 10 looks set to be a key element of Japanese ground defense armor.

gallery_4895_8_102014.jpg

gallery_4895_8_127593.jpg

gallery_4895_8_92668.jpg

Source: Tamiyausa :)