• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

North Wales

windy81

• 3 months later...

Getting very frustrated at the lack of somewhere to run my truck, if you know of any decent sites let me know!!

Yeah, look good on a map, different story when you turn up! All I ask is a nice, quiet disused quarry, not too much eh?

That's Harlech way, yes? I'm not a big fan of sand and at the moment the beaches are busy with tourists

I know the feeling mate. Where in Wales are you?? I'm live in Ruthin . But I traval in work everyday all around north Wales up to Holyhead and down to fairboure....I keep my savage in the van incase I find a good spot...I was in Amlwch yesterday the copper mine there looked pretty good....shame about the tourists!!!!!

Hi guys just joined up today. I'm also from north wales!! Prestatyn. Can't believe theres nothing offical round the north wales coast. Thought I have find a few places to go around my area e.g. old pitch and putt is the top place here! Massive grass field, with all ther old bunkers covered. Lots of natural jumps.....

Been eyeing up the new bmx track in rhyl but don't know what the council would say about it being used for RCing but if there was a group of us once a wk or something. Worth an ask.....

Let me know if anyone thinks of any other areas or if anyone fancies meeting up

Hey shadow I'm up for meeting up sometime for a bash mate...what cars/trucks do you run?? I've got a few brushless ones. I'm from Ruthin so not to far from Prestatyn, you'll have to show us where the places you go bashing. I usuall just go down the park or there's a home made sorta bmx place by Northrop hall I go too as well . Good jumps but not a very big area. I'm keeping my eye open when I'm driving around Wales for places that look good. Let me know if your up for a bash sometime mate! Seems to be a lack of interest in the hobby in Wales......??

Yeah I'd be up for that. Bmx track sounds good. Quite a few big fields near me! The only trouble I have is trying not to take my car out during the wk cause its usually broke by the wkend.....

I'm also away next wk in amsterdam!! Work shifts so every other wk I finish work at 2pm so plenty of time during the wk. I'm interested to see a flux car as I have 2 nitro my pride being the Hpi trophy 4.6 not had it long and its been testing but hoping itas gonna start holding out on me now! Got a Hsp monster truck wish has been upgraded loads but hasn't been playing recently. More new parts.

Get in touch when your free and we can sort a meet out

Ok mate well I usually pass Through your way on the a55 most days, so I can detour to meet when you get back from your holiday!! Amsterdam sounds good!!!!!! I've got a savage flux hp with minimal upgrades but works well And can take a good bashing. Off eBay the past year or so I've bought a hyper st pro and a hyper 7.5 buggy as rollers and converted them to electric, they work pretty good as well. I only run them on 4s lipos. I'll probably move up to 5s sometime but there pretty fast enough for off road bashing on 4s to be honest. Plus there's less breakages which is good with less speed! Keep in touch then mate so we can sort something out...be good to see how the nitro gos, I used to have an old tmaxx back in the day!!!

• 1 month later...

Yeah, look good on a map, different story when you turn up! All I ask is a nice, quiet disused quarry, not too much eh?

Hi fella were are you from as I have just found a great quarry in llandulas, near old colwyn I am not local to that area but know it very well been their today and spent 2 hours uninterrupted good place

The only quarries I know of are the two alongside the A55, with one being disused and the quarry that is alongside the 547. Is it the one behind the Dulas Arms?

Alright Jase hows it going. Not be in touch cause I've had endless problems with my engine which is now in pieces and getting sent back to Hpi for investigations.....

So I've bought a new one and awaiting hpi's reply but as soon as I get a decent engine to run I'll give u a shout.

Just come back from llandudno now and forgot all abt this quarry.

Anyone else made it there yet??

Alright Tom mate!! Sorry to hear about your troubles but with any luck hpi will sort you out. They have been pretty good sending out parts for my savage flux . All I did was send the a email with pics attached and they sent me the bits I needed free of charge!! I've been busy building up my hyper st to a better standed....brushless again...fixing the dodgy bits I did previously here and there. Got a new motor for it but need some 5s lipos and that new hobbyking warehouse has all sold out for the time being!!! Give us a email or text mate when your ready for a meet up .