• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Old Newbie

mickyc

Hi All,

I have just joined as i have bought myself a 2nd Hand Tamiya TL01 from eBay and will be using it for Drifting (It was Cheap and i know it is not the best Chassis for Drifting)

I used to have a Midnight Pumpkin and a Hornett many years back and am now interested in the RC Drift Scene.

I'm from Newport, Wales and have not found any clubs or places that does RC Drifting yet, but hope that someone might point me in the right direction.

Also another problem i have from my purchase from eBay is that the Mechanical ESC only works on Full (Have not had time to check/Test if it is Contacts as only just got it while posting this message)

I have ordered some replacements to test, but moving forward, i have heard that Electronic ESC would be a more suitable replacement, i have researched and hoping that Tamiya 45057 TBLE-02 Brushed + Brushless ESC for £15 would be something i need or if someone can point me in the right direction for something better or more suitable.

Would Appreciate all your help and advice.

Regards

Mike

Internal Pic.jpg

Profile Pic.jpg

Edited by mickyc

Welcome to the forum.

I prefer a brushed or a brushless ESC rather than a cheap one that does both. Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 is the best budget brushed ESC around.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-1060-brushed-waterproof-esc-sbec/rc-car-products/404964

Their brushless one is more expensive though but as they say you get what you pay for.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-10bl60-sensored-bl-esc/rc-car-products/382832

Can be had cheaper on eBay if you don't mind waiting.

John