• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

1 minute ago, Ady 2215 said:

Silly??? 

Was been sarcastic again.  Thought you would of worked that one out. 

I can take criticism + or - 

Just get bored of some old. 

Only because I haven't broken it does not mean I don't use it. As that's what's your comment is referring to. You cannot comment on something your don't know all the facts. 

Touché 

32 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Lol if I stir the pot I then don't follow it with comments about here we go again, if going to to mix it up the you can't pick what reactions you get silly .. 

I dont abuse it I use it and that's why mine gets broken and yours don't ;) 

11 minutes ago, Ady 2215 said:

Silly??? 

Was been sarcastic again.  Thought you would of worked that one out. 

I can take criticism + or - 

Just get bored of some old. 

Only because I haven't broken it does not mean I don't use it. As that's what's your comment is referring to. You cannot comment on something your don't know all the facts. 

Duel at Dawn? 

:021::066::075::gun2::tank:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocdcbr said:

How'd u actually do that kind of damage doddy?  

Easy I use it ;) 

Bent rear shock isn't hard to do a few rough rear landings and a few cartwheels and it bent 

The bumper coming out is common enough if you look around the web as the bolts that hold the bracket on are 20mm but only 5mm actually gets used which is pretty lame when you consider the size and weight of it. Which makes me think if that rpm wheelie bar will really be any good to be honest ? 

Cracked front outdrive ive busted loads over the years but this was the first on the X as normally it pops a ring and pinion. 

As far as I'm aware I don't treat the X any worse than any other RC in my collection and they all handle it wel enough so from my findings the X just ain't that strong .. Half the bolts rip out because the plastic is too soft the other half crack around the bolts as the plastic is too brittle. The ring and pinions are made of cheese! The esc I had no faith in and binned it off . The wheels crack the shell flys off and the bearings eat themselves. So with all this going on its no wonder it breaks 

Maybe I should just take a leaf out of others book and only use it on a full moon for no more than 15 minutes before midnight then comment how great it is and how well it handles but deep down knowingly  know it's just a pile of turd . Then if it broke I would just hide the evidence and tell everyone it never breaks unless you abuse it .. 

Screw that im about taking my RC's out into the world and having fun not hiding them away from daylight incase they break ..  

Perhaps in the future I shall  keep my damage reports to myself along with my findings and any mods that work as it just seems to create I'll feeling  with the small minded owners how think it should be put on a podium and left to sparkle like new. So you guys can buy your own HD gears along with the Kershaw ones and find out the hard way or just do like others do talk turd don't use it and big it up .. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Perhaps in the future I shall  keep my damage reports to myself along with my findings and any mods that work as it just seems to create I'll feeling  with the small minded owners how think it should be put on a podium and left to sparkle like new. So you guys can buy your own HD gears along with the Kershaw ones and find out the hard way or just do like others do talk turd don't use it and big it up .. 

Dude, this is an owners thread and you're an owner, your opinions/findings/experiences are valid. This isn't a Traxxas forum, it's an independent one, so keep posting your breakages and ideas and screw the haters. 

• Like 3

Wasn't  that long ago you were not an x maxx owner mydoddy, but that didn't stop you. Ye keep going not as if we haven't heard it all before. 

And fyi. Don't need you to buy any bits so we can find out. We didn't ask you to. 

Edited by Ady 2215

29 minutes ago, Ady 2215 said:

Wasn't  that long ago you were not an x maxx owner mydoddy, but that didn't stop you. Ye keep going not as if we haven't heard it all before. 

And fyi. Don't need you to buy any bits so we can find out. We didn't ask you to. 

I think if you read the posts a few pages back  I was actually asked FYI so stick that where the sun don't shine ! 

Instead of posting utter crap constantly why not use it and post something a bit more interesting . 

Quite sad really that you find the time to talk crap but hardly find the time to actually use it but where's the fun in using it when you can big it up without ..

Still I guess you perfer polishing turds ;) 

Have a great life 

Seeya

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mydoddy69 said:

I think if you read the posts a few pages back  I was actually asked FYI so stick that where the sun don't shine ! 

Instead of posting utter crap constantly why not use it and post something a bit more interesting . 

Quite sad really that you find the time to talk crap but hardly find the time to actually use it but where's the fun in using it when you can big it up without ..

Still I guess you perfer polishing turds ;) 

Have a great life 

Seeya

On holiday and it's raining.  Don't have it with me.  Yes my turd is very shiny thanks.  Think we will leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Easy I use it ;) 

Bent rear shock isn't hard to do a few rough rear landings and a few cartwheels and it bent 

The bumper coming out is common enough if you look around the web as the bolts that hold the bracket on are 20mm but only 5mm actually gets used which is pretty lame when you consider the size and weight of it. Which makes me think if that rpm wheelie bar will really be any good to be honest ? 

Cracked front outdrive ive busted loads over the years but this was the first on the X as normally it pops a ring and pinion. 

As far as I'm aware I don't treat the X any worse than any other RC in my collection and they all handle it wel enough so from my findings the X just ain't that strong .. Half the bolts rip out because the plastic is too soft the other half crack around the bolts as the plastic is too brittle. The ring and pinions are made of cheese! The esc I had no faith in and binned it off . The wheels crack the shell flys off and the bearings eat themselves. So with all this going on its no wonder it breaks 

Maybe I should just take a leaf out of others book and only use it on a full moon for no more than 15 minutes before midnight then comment how great it is and how well it handles but deep down knowingly  know it's just a pile of turd . Then if it broke I would just hide the evidence and tell everyone it never breaks unless you abuse it .. 

Screw that im about taking my RC's out into the world and having fun not hiding them away from daylight incase they break ..  

Giving your own findings is great. As others have said it's useful to them and the rest of us. 

However some of your statements from my own experience I really don't agree with.  I'm at work and don't have the time for a long response... But as an example your statement "easy I use it" well... So do I. And I use it hard.. Plenty of proof of that in my many videos all in this thread. Or in your opinion am I a soft xmaxx user?

the statement about bending shocks

"a few rough rear landings and a few cartwheels and it bent"... Really??? Not in my experience. Not at all in fact. I've had more cartwheels than I can count and many many hard cringe worthy rear end hits running hard and fast, 40mph geared up fast but no rear shock damage at all... No bends. 

Ive asked for some vid from you in the past several times to show some of these breaks and how u drive... I know u have a GoPro like me... But for some reason u refuse to use it. Always I didn't have it or can't be bothered or whatever. Well that's fine if course.... But personally I don't like to just take people's word for it. I like proof. I've seen zero from you so personally from my personal experience of running the xmaxx I take most of what u say with a pinch of salt.

All I can imagine is that at you drive it like a 1/8mt flat out everywhere ( from what I remember I'm sure you said it's far from that and shouldn't b driven like it!) and have little to no throttle control....

Just my opinion. 

No offence intended. 

Edited by Ocdcbr

17 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

Giving your own findings is great. As others have said it's useful to them and the rest of us. 

However some of your statements from my own experience I really don't agree with.  I'm at work and don't have the time for a long response... But as an example your statement "easy I use it" well... So do I. And I use it hard.. Plenty of proof of that in my many videos all in this thread. Or in your opinion am I a soft xmaxx user?

the statement about bending shocks

"a few rough rear landings and a few cartwheels and it bent"... Really??? Not in my experience. Not at all in fact. I've had more cartwheels than I can count and many many hard cringe worthy rear end hits running hard and fast, 40mph geared up fast but no rear shock damage at all... No bends. 

Ive asked for some vid from you in the past several times to show some of these breaks and how u drive... I know u have a GoPro like me... But for some reason u refuse to use it. Always I didn't have it or can't be bothered or whatever. Well that's fine if course.... But personally I don't like to just take people's word for it. I like proof. I've seen zero from you so personally from my personal experience of running the xmaxx I take most of what u say with a pinch of salt.

All I can imagine is that at you drive it like a 1/8mt flat out everywhere ( from what I remember I'm sure you said it's far from that and shouldn't b driven like it!) and have little to no throttle control....

Just my opinion. 

No offence intended. 

I don't use my GoPro much as I just can't be arsed half the time and editing is not my strong point .. 

Ive posted pics and sorry but if that ain't good enough prove then I shall bow down to your greatness of videoing everything but unlike you I don't feel the need to be on camera in the limelight that's just not my thing. 

I dont drive the X like a 1/8th scale basher as that's not what's it meant for I do however jump it, crash it and of coarse have fun with it as surely that's just having fun with your RC ? 

You asked how it broke and I told you so what more can I say .. I used it it broke get over it ! Take it with a pinch of salt or not I really can't be bothered anymore 

I don't need to justify myself, my driving or my breakages to you or anyone else for that matter I mean who are you the RC or X Maxx police ! 

Serously fella get over yourself  

37 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

I think your taking this the wrong way (imo)

speaking for myself I would love you to do some running video, as I am still interested in one, I know how I bash and what I expect from a rc so I could make a judgment if I think your driving is CRAZY!!. You certainly don't have to justify yourself ( not to anybody here anyway) 

sometimes we all need to remind ourselves this is a hobby, driving TOY cars

I agree. I think a video from u bashing your X could be very entertaining ( if the diffs lasted long enough) as we all like to see a good bash!

your comments about me liking the limelight and constantly videoing reminded me of an idea I had a few weeks back but shelved thinking it wouldn't work... 

Im actually quite blown out at the mo videoing and trying to maintain reasonable videos for my subscribers. ( it's actually hard work at times) but I enjoy the edit process and producing the content. I was going to do a video suggesting others sent me their uncut footage from their own bashes with their rigs. ( I can't afford every new truck like vas/ medic etc) ... I edit and put it together and showcase them and their bash. 

Why not b my 1st doddy!

send me a memory stick and I'll do the rest! ( that applies to anyone btw)

Edited by Ocdcbr

48 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

Lol... I give my opinion and I'm getting insulted for it. .... What a hypocrite!!! :rofl:

I took it like your where calling me out as fraud pal and not giving an opinion 

You asked how I broke it I told you what more did you want ? 

You then proceeded to insult my findings as I didn't have enough prove to satisfy YOU so how do you think I was going to react seriously ! 

Then demand i video things to prove it 

If you really take my views etc with a pinch of salt then perhaps you shouldn't  ask for them .. 

Edited by mydoddy69

8 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

I agree. I think a video from u bashing your X could be very entertaining ( if the diffs lasted long enough) as we all like to see a good bash!

your comments about me liking the limelight and constantly videoing reminded me of an idea I had a few weeks back but shelved thinking it wouldn't work... 

Im actually quite blown out at the mo videoing and trying to maintain reasonable videos for my subscribers. ( it's actually hard work at times) but I enjoy the edit process and producing the content. I was going to do a video suggesting others sent me their uncut footage from their own bashes with their rigs. ( I can't afford every new truck like vas/ medic etc) ... I edit and put it together and showcase them and their bash. 

Why not b my 1st doddy!

send me a memory stick and I'll do the rest! ( that applies to anyone btw)

I thankyou for the offer but if I'm going to put the effort in to film it I'll post it on my own channel thanks 

30 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I thankyou for the offer but if I'm going to put the effort in to film it I'll post it on my own channel thanks 

Fair enough. :thumbsup: