• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

19 minutes ago, Noj said:

It most certainly is....how did you miss that little treat???

Was worrying more about the plastic shock caps I guess!

Although with the pin system, it should be sturdy enough. Plastic isn't a bad thing IMO, but Id kinda like what the motor mounts to to be metal....

Fair to say, When it comes to penny pinching, A plastic motor mount on something like this is just about as poor as it gets.

There really is no need or justification for it, A shockingly poor and cynical decision on the part of Traxxas, But what is worse, Is that there will be a whole stream of people harking on about the quality of Traxxas, And an even long line of people defending there extortionate pricing structure.

The more I see how this thing is put together, And the materials used, The more overpriced it looks than it already did, Think of it this way, Just on a size point, This thing is (Going by Modelsport pricing)70 quid dearer than the Maverick Blackout MT, Thats  just potty when the Traxxas appears to be 90% plastic. 

10 minutes ago, babylon said:

Fair to say, When it comes to penny pinching, A plastic motor mount on something like this is just about as poor as it gets.

There really is no need or justification for it, A shockingly poor and cynical decision on the part of Traxxas, But what is worse, Is that there will be a whole stream of people harking on about the quality of Traxxas, And an even long line of people defending there extortionate pricing structure.

The more I see how this thing is put together, And the materials used, The more overpriced it looks than it already did, Think of it this way, Just on a size point, This thing is (Going by Modelsport pricing)70 quid dearer than the Maverick Blackout MT, Thats  just potty when the Traxxas appears to be 90% plastic. 

and youve missed the point totally, something this big needs to be as light as possible, ive got a maverick blackout and it is a big heavy toilet, good at what it does but if you take it to the skate park and jump it like the xmaxx videos it would snap and fall apart

imo if the plastic is upto the job it is a good thing, and the pricing structure if you do your home work its exactly like hpi and losi,ive got a xo1 coming next week and when looking i noticed losi had released the audi r8 its £200 dearer and tops out at 65mph out of the box, the losi brushless xxl was released at £699 and thats a 15 year old model!

19 minutes ago, Noj said:

Ah, the losi 6ix, which hasn't sold in any numbers and is likely as not to be discontinued.... Even losi admit it needs upgrades from the off to make it track ready :lol:

Was that the on-road jobbie?

As for price, I think 700ish is fair for what you get. You've got to factor in the R & D, manufacturing, the cost of those large boxes, not to mention the printing of colour pics on the box. The combo, servo, radio gear, those alone must cost Traxxas three figures? Then you've got to ship those huge boxes across the globe, you'll fit far fewer units per container than shipping boxes of matches! This all adds up, and for what? For us to play with toy cars! Yay! :insane:

It is the on road, Audi R8 LMS car....a nice looker, underperformed and of limited use as a 'basher', well, on the roads in our little slice of West Yorkshire!

One for the Yanks with super smooth roads and acres of space, not Lidl carparks and the like :lol:

• Like 2

It is the on road, Audi R8 LMS car....a nice looker, underperformed and of limited use as a 'basher', well, on the roads in our little slice of West Yorkshire!

One for the Yanks with super smooth roads and acres of space, not Lidl carparks and the like [emoji38]

Yer you should see the trolley boy at our local lidl , he'd make a x-maxx look like a matchbox car [emoji2]

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Noj said:

One for the Yanks with super smooth roads and acres of space, not Lidl carparks and the like :lol:

Couldn't get rid of a previous post due to this bloody software. 

Now, I did see a vid of that being thrashed hard, including jumps! It took it all without breaking, so what gives? 

The combo, servo, radio gear, those alone must cost Traxxas three figures?

That was a joke I hope, Anybody here could buy that lot for less than three figures, You can buy a Hobbywing combo for £130, With all the tax's and everyone from the manufacturer to the retail shop making a profit, So how much do you think Traxxas pay for a combo, And at the moment, A combo with a God knows we're it comes from no name motor.

9 minutes ago, babylon said:

That was a joke I hope, Anybody here could buy that lot for less than three figures, You can buy a Hobbywing combo for £130, With all the tax's and everyone from the manufacturer to the retail shop making a profit, So how much do you think Traxxas pay for a combo, And at the moment, A combo with a God knows we're it comes from no name motor.

No joke, add up all three and they will cost close to three figures, if I'm wrong, ain't care. Sure, Traxxas will get it at very low prices, but I was thinking in dollars.