• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bez's CR X2

-BEZ-

Ive added another Nong Nor to my collection, and im slowly working on sorting it all out .........

Just finished the paint job for the buggy, I'm so impressed with it i wanted to share it before it gets messed up :P

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

naked "under the hood" pics coming soon :D

Edited by -BEZ-

Really like this one love the paint, what system/gearing are you using? and where did you get the front bumper?

I havent settled on the ESC motor combo atm, but i have either a 2200kv or a 2650kv caslte 1515 to choose from, might see how well my SC8 ESC puts up with it, eventually it will get the tekin treatment xD

Gearing wise shes on a 46t spur and 18t pinion, but that will change no doubt.

Bumper is a t-bone jobby :good:

Thought that might be a t-bone will have to get one for mine!

I have a MMM 2650 combo in mine.... only done a couple of quick runs with mine but was well impressed with speed, just need time to check temps and fiddle with set-up, got it on 16t pinion not sure what spur is haven't been bothered to count it yet lol.

Think we need a hong nor x1 and x2 thread to put those hyper owners in their place (just kidding hyper types lol)

From memory there are 4 different spurs for 1/8th Hong Nor's 44,46,48 and a massive 62 (for the early CRT nitros).

Im not a massive castle ESC fan tbh, but that said i know they work well for many :good: Im going to run a 4s 120A ESC and match it to the 1515 2650Kv, i might be tempted to pop my 44t spur on for some high speed fun ;) I still have some poking to do under the hood, but shes coming on nicely now :good:

thats an awesome paint job there bez

i think youve missed your vocation in life as ive seen a couple of nice shells now

im loving my x2 at the mo ....tough as old boots she is

are you taking it to kevs bash?

would be good to see it in the flesh and i would like a few tips from the hong nor guru too :yes:

Unfortunately I wont be able to make it to kevs bash, as im using my rc day ticket to go up to the ROSSA speed event. I want to get a good feel for things before i start my high speed project for a run next year.

Any Q's Goldblades just fire away mate, and i will do my best to try and be of help :good:

Yeah just spotted that josh :xd:

Finally bodged some test equipment in there, the paper says it should be fine, but im not convinced .............. only one way to find out and thats a few rounds of testing xD

Here's the naked CR pic ive been promising:

IMG_1089.jpg

UPDATE

Well the weather finally decided to dry up for long enough for me to test the buggy, so i slapped on some tarmac rims and went off in search of some testing grounds.

IMG_1090.jpg

Initial Setup specs:

ESC - Hobbywing SC8 120A Esc

Motor - NeuCastle 1515 2200Kv Sensorless

Servo - Savox 1256Tg

Radio Gear - DX3R Pro with DSM2 Rx 5ms frame rate

Power - x2 2s Intellect 6200 60C packs

Gearing = 46t spur and 19t pinion

Diffs - 50k - 50k - 10k

Shocks - F 35wt Oil with LOSI Green Springs

- R 35wt Oil with LOSI Silver Springs

- Max preload (with 4 turns on droop front and back)

- Shocks f + r mounted at steepest angle, using outer holes on arms

Front Pin braces = Set B mounted on middle hole

Rear Toe = 3 Deg

Wheel Camber = 1Deg+

........... well thats the basics anyway lol

Initial Thoughts ............. well to start with the 2200 1515 NeuCastle is a bit to torquey for the buggy, as it did this to my tyres in less than 5 mins:

IMG_1092.jpg

But that said it was awesome fun to drift and held some lovely long drifts too :P (the diff setup was perfect for me on a high grip surface like tarmac) ........... on to the electrics, surprisingly enough the SC8 held up really well considering its ventilation was poor it got warmer then the Motor but not too hot to touch and hold on too, even with all the tyres spinning as much as they did :xd: ........ like a muppet i forgot my temp gun when i went out to confirm the exact temps, also a point to note is none of the wires got remotely warm, and thats using 4mm bullets too :good:

Suspension wise, the springs ive mounted were a tad on the soft side for my liking, so i would like to mount up some stiffer springs before hitting offroad :good:

......... So things to do next, ream some holes in the shell and fit my 2650Kv 1515. Then play about with some stiffer springs Watch this space for updates :good:

Edited by -BEZ-

After spending the day up at ROSSA ive decided to make the buggy my speed project, theres going to be lots of mods coming and hopefully i will be able to propel this beasty well over the 100Mph Mark ............... but its NOT going to be easy, after witnessing robins hyper, which had bags of power get 87+Mph, i know its going to take something special to hit the 100 Mph mark.

Ive made a few tweeks to the CR now, here is how she stands ........

IMG_1095.jpg

.... also that leave me with a set of barely used T-bones ......... they will be up for sale very soon ;)