• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

help on choosing car!

dtokez

Hi all. I'm making a comeback to RC cars after about 15 years away from it after seeing a friends brushless e-revo and being amazed.

I'm really confused right now, I want something that's not going to be to hard to set up and around £300-400 for the car and bits needed to get it going.

I like the sound of electric (low noise, easier set-up, maintainence etc.) but I've always wanted a nitro car (seems cheaper to get running as wouldn't have to buy batteries and chargers).

I'm after a truggy, or truck I think to have fun with off road, but be able to use on road occasionally.

The models I'm currently considering are the following:

HPI Bullet ST Flux RTR http://www.modelspor...roduct_id=36652 (modelsport combo price)

Losi Aftershock LE RTR http://www.modelspor...roduct_id=34647 (modelsport combo price - looks like a good deal on at the mo)

HPI Trophy 4.6 RTR Truggy http://www.modelspor...roduct_id=33969 (modelsport combo price)

have you guys got any comments on them? Pro's, con's?? And what other options have I missed out on as there is so much choice!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by dtokez

batteries belong in vibrators :lol: nitro gets my vote.the hpi trophy would be a great starter truggy. and the 4.6 engine is a doddle to tune

Lol the wife has a wind up one I am to greedy to buy her batteries. I have to agree nothing like the sound of a nitro except a petrol strimmer but they are a bit boring imho.

Have you not consdered a hyper st ? or a shumacher manic ? both in your price range anyone who has the manic loves it I have the havoc and it is mental.

daz

thanks all. I'm still really unsure as to what to go for! I want something with some serious power lol

leaning towards the trophy truggy at the moment I think!

will it be easy enough to get running out the box?

also how do I use my 5% discount for being a forum supporter ;)

i duno bro lol, I'm thinking nitro and the Throphy 4.6 again now :)

might sound like a silly question but how noisey is nitro? would like to be able to go for little runs in the park etc and dont want people complaining or ringin up the law? lol

haha well me and darran were at the car park down the quays swimming pool, its a great spot, just next to it, we was there with da's nitro cosworth, and it was noisy but nothing to complain about, was a wicked session lol shame mine broke earlier that day at the common :whistling: go trophy 4.6!!! :rofl: