• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

**Hyper 7 Club**

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi all hope all is well. im not too sure if i am in the right forum so forgive me if im not. i need to know what would be a good steering servo for hyper 7 for bashing and occasion racing please?

hi all hope all is well. im not too sure if i am in the right forum so forgive me if im not. i need to know what would be a good steering servo for hyper 7 for bashing and occasion racing please?

Any Servo Thats

Metal Geared - For pure strength against knocks and wont cheese under load

A decent Torque Rating - anything 7kg or more will help LOADS when turning the wheels on a dry point

speed - Anything thats not super slow, faster the better again

futabar are always a good brand, but you pay for it tho

Ziggy

Hello, just bought a Hyper 7 TQ Sport .28, should be delivered this week, i have been looking up starting up/tuning/breaking in info, is there anything that i need to buy to get up and running? i have gone for the combo pack from MSUK

thanks

• 1 month later...

Also i've been told that rtr is trash? Why what i see is that in a pro you just could have better servos but pay more or am i wrong and it in the pro you get better chassis and better shock towers.?

i would disagree. i got the hyper 7 tq sport and for the money its a bargain, extremely strong (but not indestructable) and pretty fast. Mines used for bashing only and has survived some nasty 'falls from great heights!'. Yes i have broken a few minor things but nothing of any great expense. I would say buy the tq sport or tq black and upgrade/replace parts as needed/broken.

I have changed the standard shocks for 20mm Hyperstar shocks, replaced suspension pins and e-clips for nuts and bolts, fitted battery stick pack for receiver, sock shocks - NONE of which were broken, just my choice to upgrade

Only thing i have broken is 2xrear diff casings(

I've read that the hyper 7 is a tank on a track and could not keep up with the other buggies is it true?i will not bash i will just use it at the track?

It's old, it's been surpassed by the 8 and 9. Fair enough if you want an entry level to get into the sport but even then I'd choose something else not Hoboa. There's a good reason hardly anyone races them anymore - they're out of date now. Crackin basher tho!!!!

• Like 1