• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hpi baja

madhulk

They don't have to defend themselves, they choose too, and that's one of the things I've always liked about them :rofl:

How very grown up. its someones living. why bother having a go at people if you can get it cheaper?

How very grown up. its someones living. why bother having a go at people if you can get it cheaper? i dont see Abbots vat reg anywhere? maybe thats how they charge less?

Well as you've quoted me, I'll say this,

I didn't have a go, I said I'll shop there if the price is right, MMR said they were cheaper and have been for some time, I showed an example, only 'cos it wasin my head after looking this week.

I then bigged them up, for taking the time to come on and debate on here.

I've not mentioned Abbots in any of my posts, but perhaps you are correct, and one would hope when they hit or expect to hit the VAT threshold, they will register if they aren't already.

Cheers

Graeme

Cheers Mark for the explanation of your experience of shopping with MMR.

On the most part stock levels is what let's us down. Not that we never have had it that we ain't got it at the time. But this will be sorted out next Friday. And you will see that we have a lot more than you thought.

We order in stock from the US every week so there is a constant flow and nothing is on back order in general there are of course some instances where it maybe longer but the client is informed for much longer than a week.

We are here to stay we are moving into other scales of RC with the inception of MMR Flux. So watch this space.

I no longer have a large scale but when i did i bought loads of stuff from MMR including a 5T just after they came out and never had a bad deal with them.I spent alot of time on the phone with Ian i think it was(he does like a chat :P )and you cant get that personal service from the likes of DDM.I ordered a dominator side pipe from DDM when they first came out before mmr had them but after postage,tax and custom charges it worked out quite a bit more than it would if i had waited for mmr to get them in..I thought this post was ment to be about Abbots but somehow turned into a moan about MMR :confused: .

.I spent alot of time on the phone with Ian i think it was(he does like a chat :P )

i to have spent alot of time on the phone to Ian very nice bloke as is gareth had a few dealing with MMR as im still new to the large scale stuff but they are very helpful and i think thats all part of a great service :good:

I thought this post was ment to be about Abbots but somehow turned into a moan about MMR :confused: .

Well Abbots was being mention, someone compared it to MMR for prices, UberRc felt the need to defend MMR vs Abbots with a slight 1 man band dig, MMR came in to back that up.

Funny how it goes isn't it :rofl:

• Like 2

Exactly lol. And who cares if its "one man in a garage stripping kits"? At the end of the day, if he has good customer service (which, according to the reports in this thread he does) and cheap prices, alot of people will favour him to a large business such as MMR, just because the prices are cheaper. Seriously in this day and age, what we need is cheaper parts along with good customer service. That's why people also order from US as it works out cheaper then buying from UK retailers. Just my 2 cents. Also I apologise for saying that "MMR sucks", I understand alot of people have had good service with them, but I have heard too many horror stories from personal friends who now favour US retailers.

Lee.

Find me a customer who has had a horror story with MMR and I will give you our side of things. We all know there are 2 sides to every story. I'm not saying we have never done wrong but it is very easy to critique.

I know of each and every transaction and each and every complaint made with us.

Get me a name by PM and I will explain our side. In as much as I can without falling outside of data protection.

I know the customer is always right but sometimes not! Don't get me wrong we may have ruined someones weekend by parts not getting there in time but that's going to happen nothing we can do about postal services. And we look after our customers.

And as to just for the record. I have no issues with him or his business. He offers a good service which we don't so good for him.

I only posted here because of the direct comparison made that needed correcting.

Me

Invoice Number 13530

Order Date 31/03/2010

No Stock, OK not the end of the world, but no contact either until I contacted you.

Later 1 of the 2 items arrived.

Had to contact you again, got a curt reply.

Told you not to bother 'looking into it' as I'd sourced the item elsewhere.

Order total was about

In all fairness you would only get a curt reply from me if you had sent a curt message in the first place. I'm not saying you did just saying that you will reap what you sow with me on that front as long as you are civil I will be nothing but to you. I will check out our emails between each other I have all 50,000 odd sent and received emails from day one of MMR. And the problem you had will be solved with the new web site. There will be parts you can back order but you will know this from the off.

Edited by miniripper@mmr

In all fairness you would only get a curt reply from me if you had sent a curt message in the first place.

Wow straight in with the defensive, this would have been a moment to bite your tongue, check, then come back.

It's about customer perception, I stand by mine.

In all fairness you would only get a curt reply from me if you had sent a curt message in the first place. I'm not saying you did just saying that you will reap what you sow with me on that front as long as you are civil I will be nothing but to you. I will check out our emails between each other I have all 50,000 odd sent and received emails from day one of MMR. And the problem you had will be solved with the new web site. There will be parts you can back order but you will know this from the off.

Ever get the feeling you're

surely you should never recive a curt reply no matter what the customer says? that in its self is bad customer service

If someone is rude to me then yea I'll send a turse reply back. But there is only 2 occasions that I have done so. Most people are very polite and only wNt to know something

lets not get too carried away here guys and try to remember this is a hobby ffs.

It will be interesting to see if and when Abbots go legit with Vat & Tax registered how that affects their price structure or they simply disappear as so many others do.

Mrp ;)

lets not get too carried away here guys and try to remember this is a hobby ffs.

It will be interesting to see if and when Abbots go legit with Vat & Tax registered how that affects their price structure or they simply disappear as so many others do.

Mrp ;)

I said all this yesterday about Abbots and VAT/TAX . but some people dont listen!

MMR are a legit Business and get nothing but crap on this forum from certain people!!

Sorry must have gone wrong somewhere !

I thought this post was for different places to get parts for the Baja !

I did not realise it was a website bitching thread!

I guess this does not apply here

Forum Notice

Remember, this is an R/C forum. Check that your post is relevant to the topic before you submit it. You can read our forum guidelines here.

My 0.2 cents worth

Guys you all have free will and can buy of whom you want to if you don't like a site the buy elsewhere and let others do what they feel is right.

Dealers You are never going to win trying to defend your practices there will always be someone with a grudge. Better to leave the gripes go and die naturally than get into a mud slinging match!!