• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

I wonder if the quality is much different between asiatees and kingheadz. Kingheadz cost a fortune that's for sure.

More than likely. Kingheadz are 7075 alloy and asiatees is probably 6061 or similar. Even so, I can't see either needing replacing or breaking very often like the plastics. The downside to the cheaper ones is it's all stock so you have no tuning options in terms of toe angles but, I'm running Vorza ones at the minute which are too wide for droop screws and the 3 degree toe angle has made it to grippy at the back and I hate it. We'll see.

Yep king heads are well made and are great quality but have a hearty price tag that sticks in your throat !. Asiatees stuff or gpm is fine and I never managed to break any parts I used on my truggy from them . Quality can be a little hit and miss but a simple email and there have new parts on the way break them in the first year and again new parts on there way ! Not sure if king heads offer the same deal ?

Had an interesting couple of hours up at the quarry earlier, set all my things on a rock, and set about making some kind of track with smallish rocks and fluorescent pink paint and whatever else was lying around. went round a couple of times and I like the new feel after doing the diffs, seems more aggressive at the rear with little or no ballooning on the front end, winner....until It did a few cartwheels off a jump and stripped the remaining 2 chassis/ diff screws.

Que, field surgery haha put it on a rock, stripped the front and did the cotton bud and glue bodge then all back together, worked well for a lap and had to tighten them up every lap so I gave up. Going to'th shop tomorrow for replacement, can't grumble at a fiver

My nitro engine starts then stops when the pullstart re coils back into the housing. It's a new pullstart as I managed to break the first one breaking the engine in.

It worked ok before I tuned the engine for the first time.

Thanks for any advice

lean it out a bit I belive I'm still new as well but try it :) also open the throttle trim a little

Edited by Trophy1811

no, but I sealed the engine with high temp silicon in the 1st place, green slime for needles and 1 less thing to worry about....

...then the OWB cleaning, starter box investment, lipos for box, 2nd servo became anoying, pipe got damaged, clutch tweaking, cbells binding, stripped engine screws, gaskets, springs,   linkages,...

:x:

Then I went brushless :P

Edited by Deafty
  • Like 1

no, but I sealed the engine with high temp silicon in the 1st place, green slime for needles and 1 less thing to worry about....

...then the OWB cleaning, starter box investment, lipos for box, 2nd servo became anoying, pipe got damaged, clutch tweaking, cbells binding, stripped engine screws, gaskets, springs,   linkages,...

:x:

Then I went brushless :P

I knew if I keeped on long enough you'd see the light !

:rofl:

yeah , still a good aspect of rc to have learnt though.  Now I'm doing my head in , in other ways :lol:, but I know , I just know I would not have time to do what I'm doing now if I had engine maintenance  as well.

I Started back in this hobby big, went bigger then decided to start over with small and maybe I work up to 5th scale in years to come.

For now though I race against 1:10's in my mini and love it :)

almost ready to build the serpent, but not until I fully understand setup, that's what the mini is for.

Time to put some distance on this thread,. if anyone would like help, ask me but you new fellas seem to be doing great helping each other out :)

:popc1:

edit:/ time to change signature I spose :lol:

Edited by Deafty

:rofl:

yeah , still a good aspect of rc to have learnt though. Now I'm doing my head in , in other ways :lol:, but I know , I just know I would not have time to do what I'm doing now if I had engine maintenance as well.

I Started back in this hobby big, went bigger then decided to start over with small and maybe I work up to 5th scale in years to come.

For now though I race against 1:10's in my mini and love it :)

almost ready to build the serpent, but not until I fully understand setup, that's what the mini is for.

Time to put some distance on this thread,. if anyone would like help, ask me but you new fellas seem to be doing great helping each other out :)

:popc1:

edit:/ time to change signature I spose :lol:

Aww deafty don't go (typed without sarcasm :-D) you've been a regular poster in this thread for some time (i know this as I've recently started from the beginning of the thread again. It's funny how people come and go, newbies join, get good advice from the seasoned regulars and then after time, become the ones giving the good advice to the new owners...oh the circle of life Haha

Hump pack exploded yesterday whilst it was charging so I got to use battery's tomorrow until I have money to get a new one?

How any tanks can I get through with 4aa battery's (energizer recharge)

Plenty. It just means your servo's won't be as strong at that voltage (rechargeable aa = 1.2v yielding a total of only 4.8v opposed to 6v hump)

• Like 1

a question I don't thinks been asked in here, are you guys running 'aa' batterys in your tx's? Or do they do a pack to fit the standard pistol tx that you get with the trophies?

a question I don't thinks been asked in here, are you guys running 'aa' batterys in your tx's? Or do they do a pack to fit the standard pistol tx that you get with the trophies?

Theres no pack to fit standard hpi TX's, I've got a flysky gt3b which uses 8 AA's but a simple mod allows me to use a 3s lipo which is so much lighter

:thumbsup:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cGC73okaRQ

hope that gives you some ideas

Edited by boombox

How many tanks could I get out of a rechargeable one then?

To hazard a guess on 4x AA rechargeable batteries: If a servo uses say 350mah and receiver 100mah then 2 servos and a receiver will use 800mah combined so to run for say 2 hours solid you would need 1600mah or higher. However like I said before servos won't be as strong on 4.8v. So, however many tanks you can use in say 1hr 45 mins solid then that is the ballpark depending on your servos power consumption. I think 350mah is about right if not a little high :)