• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Speed freak? Prove it!

Rootz

So. How fast is your RC rig?

If you think it's fast enough then you may be interested in..

The 2010 ROSSA Radio Controlled vehicle Speed Championships

What? The fastest RC cars in the UK bidding to break the current straight-line speed records:

Nitro: Small block, Big Block, Open-wheeled, Bike and Open ( Unlimited )

Current fastest Nitro record: 103.00 mph

Electric: Stock, Modified, Sub-1/10th scale, Open-wheeled, Bike and Open ( Unlimited )

Current fastest Electric record: 161mph

Others: Large Scale and Non-wheel-driven ( Current UK and World record: 163mph )

Where? Shakespeare County Raceway, nr Stratford Upon Avon

http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/index.asp

When? Saturday and Sunday September 11th and 12th

If you fancy coming along to watch, you'll be very welcome. There's no entry fee for spectators. What's more, the nitro open-wheeled ( Buggy / Truggy ) record has yet to be set! If you think your rig's got the danglers, entry fee is

Sounds awesome mate, shame i live so far away or i would be there like a shot :good:

Well, maybe next year, eh? We've got people coming from as far afield as Deepest Darkest Suffolk and last year we had entries from Malta and Sweden. This is really the European Championship. There's a meeting in the US and this one and that's it, really. I'll post a link to a video we're compilation but I can't guarantee it'll be like you're there!biggrin.gif

Cheerz!

Rootz

without trying to change this into a nitro vs electric thread, its astonishing to see how fasr electric has came along. I remember nitros TROUNCING the speed of electrics for years and years, then in a small amount of time, lipo and brushless technology has improved leaps and bounds as a result there is a 60mph difference in the speeds!

Edited by 19 Inch Guns

without trying to change this into a nitro vs electric thread, its astonishing to see how fasr electric has came along. I remember nitros TROUNCING the speed of electrics for years and years, then in a small amount of time, lipo and brushless technology has improved leaps and bounds as a result there is a 60mph difference in the speeds!
Yup. And the trend looks like it'll continue. There's scope in large scale if you want to tune a 4-stroke to billio but there are inherent problems with nitro and speed records. That said, it can be just as much fun watching a 100mph nitro car screaming past as a 100mph electric. Although the electric record is 161, we have yet to see a 120+ electric run here in the UK. I expect we'll see that barrier broken this year. I'm sure the rocket will satisfy our need for outright speed...

s'cuse the languidge.ohmy.gif

Cheerz!

Rootz

Edited by Rootz

Yup. And the trend looks like it'll continue. There's scope in large scale if you want to tune a 4-stroke to billio but there are inherent problems with nitro and speed records. That said, it can be just as much fun watching a 100mph nitro car screaming past as a 100mph electric. Although the electric record is 161, we have yet to see a 120+ electric run here in the UK. I expect we'll see that barrier broken this year. I'm sure the rocket will satisfy our need for outright speed...

s'cuse the languidge.ohmy.gif

Cheerz!

Rootz

Wow! it looks awsome

Well, maybe next year, eh? We've got people coming from as far afield as Deepest Darkest Suffolk and last year we had entries from Malta and Sweden. This is really the European Championship. There's a meeting in the US and this one and that's it, really. I'll post a link to a video we're compilation but I can't guarantee it'll be like you're there!biggrin.gif

Cheerz!

Rootz

I'l be there mate, dads coming too :)

I'l be watching though, not racing.

unless 40mph is the world record, my s50 propobaly wouldn't even do that Lol.

Great ad rootz lol.

We do need more people to come.

it would be great to see some people come and watch or join in.

Im not sure if we are allowed to let other people have a go with our cars, but in the practices, anyone is welcome to have a go with my blaze and my ducted fan car.

Great ad rootz lol.

We do need more people to come.

it would be great to see some people come and watch or join in.

Im not sure if we are allowed to let other people have a go with our cars, but in the practices, anyone is welcome to have a go with my blaze and my ducted fan car.

i would be too scared to lol

I wonder how fast my TA05 would go with 4s lipo...

I think it would depend which version mate. The overall layout looks good although, how you'd fit 4S in, I don't know.

Suggest you change your tyres if it's one of the drift TA05's! biggrin.gif

Cheerz!

Rootz

I'd definitely reccomend going to this. I went to the one in 2008, and even though my car only managed 67mph, it was still fantastic to watch some of the other cars come flying by at breakneck speeds. The banter and some of the failures were pretty spectacular too!

I think it would depend which version mate. The overall layout looks good although, how you'd fit 4S in, I don't know.

Suggest you change your tyres if it's one of the drift TA05's! biggrin.gif

Cheerz!

Rootz

It's the regular, older one. Set up for racing at the moment.

I'd fit them in with battery tape and sheer luck.

This sounds fun, I've not checked out the website link, but can we bring our own rides along? Will there be open track times for us to have a go with our own trucks etc and get the speeds measured?

This sounds fun, I've not checked out the website link, but can we bring our own rides along? Will there be open track times for us to have a go with our own trucks etc and get the speeds measured?

Yeah, no probs. So long as it's radio-controlled, you'll be able to run it. You could just turn up and, so long as you pay the entry fee you'll get plenty of runs. We're planning to have a big speed display so you'll be able to get a video of your vehicle and the speed. Wouldn't be a bad idea to sign up to the site and let Ziggy know you'll be coming.

Cheerz!

Rootz

Edited by Rootz

Yeah, no probs. So long as it's radio-controlled, you'll be able to run it. You could just turn up and, so long as you pay the entry fee you'll get plenty of runs. We're planning to have a big speed display so you'll be able to get a video of your vehicle and the speed. Wouldn't be a bad idea to sign up to the site and let Ziggy know you'll be coming.

Cheerz!

Rootz

Hmmmmmmmmm, anyone know what the biggest CB you can fit to a hyper? Fancy actually seeing what mine will do. biggrin.gif

Hmmmmmmmmm, anyone know what the biggest CB you can fit to a hyper? Fancy actually seeing what mine will do. biggrin.gif

RW Racing do Savage CB's up to 19 teeth. Neil at RW may be able to sort you out.

Then, I believe, there's the two-speed conversion.

Don't forget you can fit a small spur too.rolleyes.gif

Most important thing is to make sure you know what DP or MOD the gears are. Probably 32DP which is more-or-less the same as 0.8MOD but might be 1.0MOD.

Cheerz!

Rootz

RW Racing do Savage CB's up to 19 teeth. Neil at RW may be able to sort you out.

Then, I believe, there's the two-speed conversion.

Don't forget you can fit a small spur too.rolleyes.gif

Most important thing is to make sure you know what DP or MOD the gears are. Probably 32DP which is more-or-less the same as 0.8MOD but might be 1.0MOD.

Cheerz!

Rootz

Right, you lost me there!!whistling.gif

Presume something to do with teeth/mesh?

I've got an 18t to try as it spins out too easily on 17, smaller spur might be one to try.

I don't have much luck with 2 speeds sad.gif plus they seem a bit pricey new.

Just wondering what speed it will do now really, seems like a worthy cause to give money to.

I'll check out the website and see about registering etc.good.gif

I'll be fighting hard to keep my E-Revo running straight in a desperate effort to bag a much-coveted 100mph cap. Seen the YouTube video of an E-Revo clocked at 91mph? Well, that was on 6S and this baby boasts 10S worth of batteries ( That's 42 Volts Folks! ) a water-cooled motor / ESC combo and the biggest damn foams you've ever seen! If I don't crack a ton, it should be a pretty spectacular failure!

Your Revo sounds nuts! You got any pics? I'd love to see you beat Mike Perpani's record on Youtube, sounds like it certainly will!

Your Revo sounds nuts! You got any pics? I'd love to see you beat Mike Perpani's record on Youtube, sounds like it certainly will!

I'll post one up, you'll see how damn complicated Andy likes to make his cars :whistling::lol:

ReVoltage035.jpg