• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Eight Lost Drive.

Double_agent

Hi,

A friend asked me this question but I have no clue. Pointed him in this direction but he is about as savvy on a computer as I am a newbie to RC Nitro Cars.

Anyways....

He was out driving his Losi Eight today when he lost all drive. Engine was still running fine but no drive.

Any ideas I could pass back his way of what may be wrong with it. I know it could probably be many things but anything that jumps out that I could tell him to look through the Manual and help identify where to start.

Cheers

Double_Agent

He hasnt checked anything as yet.

I will pass that on. I worry for him as I think he will have no idea (like most things) and get ripped off for something thats costs a fiver or so to repair and get lumbered with a

Just got off the phone to him. It is all drive and no noise or grinding on revving.

He is gonna check the drive shafts soon and let me know if they look intact.

Back to work for me for a while. Thanks with your suggestions so far.

has he checked his batterys in tx as well as rx , might be a signal lost , not getting to each other , as you say there was no reving

I think you misunderstood my post. I said there was no grinding "ON" revving the engine.

Engine throttle is responding as is steering servo.

Same problem on 2 rexs. One was engine screws loose cause clutch not to mesh correctly other was clutch was stuck. The second was fixed with a screwdriver and a hammer. We tend to take a heavy handed approach 'round my way :)

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Think its the clutch that has gone on it. When placed on the floor just revs with no movement. When lifted, the wheels turn gently as if something is trying to give motion so I think it is probably the clutch.

Its all put together solidly, nothing like the engine bolts. He has ordered the clutch and a diff anyways in case. Another friend of ours said it was good to have some spares around so he just went and ordered a load of stuff. Told you he had no idea. More money than sense sometimes.