• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ouch my poor x1 crt

the hump pack managed to disconnect itself last night causing a wot runaway straight into a kiddies climbing frame which has caused a load of damage:(

P1020796.jpg

P1020793.jpg

P1020792.jpg

P1020794.jpg

P1020795.jpg

completely tore of the front n/s and snapped the shock, bent the driveshaft and steering plate and somehow even managed to bend both the central drive shafts, it even completely tore off the exhaust.

the damage looks very painful and expensive :helpsmilie:

not sure yet where to try and start getting the parts from so would be grateful for any advice.

Edited by animal47

Ouch! As for spares, try JE Spares, they always have a good stock of HN parts, it's where I get most of mine from. Also quick tip: tape up your batt connection with electrical tape. PITA when you want to charge it I know but since i started doing it, I haven't had a runaway as a result of the receiver battery disconnecting (touch wood).

Lee.

I always make sure I fit a charging flylead then use a touch of superglue to tack the plugs together,only a pinhead amount each side is needed then I just tuck it in the radiobox,I only do that though if theres a chance this could happen,luckily the Revo and Baja are pretty well protected for their RX packs but the Rush and Rush Evo both have theirs tacked with them being at the rear...wink.gif

Damage doesn't look that bad mate,i've had a hell of a lot worse.Start be stripping the whole model down,check the chassis and other alloy parts for bends,if only slight you'll get away with straightening them,the rest are all cheapish to replace,check the shock body for dents that may foul the piston travel and make an inventory of what you need then order,give it a good clean and service while it's off the road and once rebuilt she'll be as good as new....good.gif

Chassis is slightly bent up at the front but looks like it will straighten ok as it isn't too bad although it must have almost folded in half I should think with the amount that the centre drive shafts are bent. I can't imagine what could have happened to cause the bends in the centre shafts as both the diff housings and the spur set up all look fine.

Going to have to pull the motor apart as well as it was stuck wot with no exhaust for a good 10 secs before I got to it to shut it off.

Gives me an excuse to swap the motor over anyway now as I had already decided that my sh.28 would be more suited to it than the lazy low revving force.36 that is currently in there. Does anyone know for an online diagram that I can get the part numbers from.

thats pretty bad mate :( , i hit a tree at full bore the other week it set off by its self went atleast 300 yards at full throttle and hit the tree went 20 foot in the air and landed on its roof the cut out lol all it did to mine was pull the front bit of 1 lower arm off the pin thats it the tree on the other hand has 2 ,1" deepx 6" wide gouges out of it lol ,7.99 for a set of arms front and back from my local shop ,je,spares have a great hong nor stock list but alot of the stuff is special order , i think you will be ok with the lower and upper arms though bud , a week before the tree incident it did the same set off by itsself and hit my mate brand new x2 cr buggy right up the arse lol not a thing happned that time at all just knocked the dust off lmao

sheet how fast do you think it was going?

absolutely no idea but it did have a good 100ft run up and it was totally flat out, i had only just finished tuning it and it was running spot on:(

ohhhh mate what did you do to her? sad.gif

Have a look on maxbashing bits pop up all the time on there mate. The chassis raises up at the front a tad as stock its not a massive angle though good.gif

She is certainly feeling a bit sorry for herself at the moment mate. I hadn't noticed the angle before but I just had a look at the chassis and it does look as if it is supposed to be like it.

What I find most strange about the damage though is the now banana shaped centre drive shafts as I just can't see how they can be like they are when everything else looks ok.

maybe the chassis flexed and straightened out but the drive shafts being steel bent during the flex ?

Edited by Stormbringer

If it was just the front then I could well believe that but I can't see how the rear one could have been affected. The only thing that I can think is that the momentum of the engine at max revs against the sudden impact caused the drive shafts to twist under load but that seems strange as I would have expected the diffs to blow first and they seem fine.

Both shafts have bent because it basically sends a shock-wave threw the car it must of been very fast to do so with both chassis braces on as well but have a look on max mate as quite a few peole are selling crt parts as they have stopped racing truggies and moved on to buggies so you will pick up a bargain good.gif

Looks quite bad mate but if it makes you feel better ive seen worse. On the bright side it gives you a reason to upgrade parts and give it a good service.

I also just put a bit of decent electrical tape around the connecters to stop them sliping out.

Thanks Darren.

being that it is a pro version i cant imagine that there are many parts that can be upgraded are there :unsure:

Edited by animal47

absolutely no idea but it did have a good 100ft run up and it was totally flat out, i had only just finished tuning it and it was running spot on:(

Funny that i always have the worst disasters just after thinking "shes running spot on"!

Some of the X2 parts fit?

Edited by dja1000

being that it is a pro version i cant imagine that there are many parts that can be upgraded are there :unsure:

Oh sorry i didnt realise mate, well if its a Pro it shouldnt have broke lol :P only joking. Well could luck with getting it repaired.

Thanks Again Darren.

There is nothing to really up-grade tbh, maybe alloy rear hubs, a 1 piece engine mount, other than that...... as everything is either cnc'd or cf . These beasts are very strong but drive anything at full chat (especially with the 5.9) into an inanimate object you will get a result like this...... All the parts you need are pennies tbh and thats one of the best things about the crt's.

all parts were priced up at around £65 to repair but that didnt include the shock that i destroyed.

almost there now, the only things i havent got yet are the upper and lower arms which luckily are nice and cheap.

she will be all repaired and back on the road again by next weekend.

Edited by animal47

still waiting on the lower arm which is out of stock and now on back order, i wish they had told me that it isnt in stock when i ordered it :angry:

i dont suppose anyone has a spare they want to sell or if not how about a loan of one for two back in return when my set of 4 finally turn up.

Edited by animal47

i am now waiting on a set from je spares although it would seem that they are nowhere near as quick as modelsport when it comes to delivery, when the original set that i ordered turn up then i will have lots of spares.

Mate have you tried Mike(olga) on max? He has a plentiful supply of crt spares as he is now racing losi's good.gif

not happy, just emailed je spares to find out why my parts arent here yet only to be told that they are out of stock and waiting for supplies even though i only ordered as they were showing as in stock.

already had some parts off olga mate but he doesnt have any bottom arms.