• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Savage Project ;-)

Kpowell911

My brushless lst2 became instantly better when I got rid of the 2spd.

If you can find a way to do it, i think it would be a great solution to fit a buggy/truggy center diff, lower down in the chassis.

The benefits would be considerable in terms of handling, durability and simplicity once it was all sorted.

Oh and TW, shhhhhwhistling.gif

Guys what options have i got regarding conversion kits. Obviously the ansmann but theres also this one:

http://204.186.93.64/SavageBrushlessConversion.htm

But what bout this one?

http://204.186.93.64/Savage-DirectDrive.htm

Bear in mind i have no centre transmission, wouldnt it be better for me to just buy that?

OR do i need gears out of the centre transmission for that?

found this useful site:

http://www.rccoh.com...conversion.html

looks like im going to just buy all these parts:

Im going to try and use an E-Revo Slipper, And hopefully, Twin force battery holders

Edited by 19 Inch Guns

I am on the beach ;)

I'm very fair skinned so i spend an hour or so on the sand and then come on the net for half hour, the internet cafe is like 20 metres from the beach ;)

I leave the mrs who clearly isnt human cause she can sit there all day, And I have to go off for a break ;)

Its going to be expensive but worth it, all im interested in right now is making it a rolling chassis, Get paid tomorrow so hopefully going to order everything and build it up, then save for the electronics

going to need this page for reference

http://www.hpieurope.com/options.php?lang=en&partNo=841

Edited by 19 Inch Guns

Sort of Simon, I doubt I'll be as active as I was...

Anyway, An update.

Basically, I planned all this out, I bought a roller off ebay, Had every last detail planned, And It appears ive been ripped off! I only paid

Bah if you sell all your cars I guarantee you would be posting on here in n months time saying I wish I hadn't sold all my cars.

Roll on next Wednesday!

I understand why you'd be miffed at the Savage seller, no idea on what happened or even what a Post Validation is, but again if you felt you were not in the wrong i could understand you'd be miffed.

End of the day though this is only a forum.

It's interesting and has some great members with really useful info, but it's not the hobby.

Even if the forum didn't have it's problems and was perfect in every detail, it's still only a forum and building, fixing and maintaining our cars is far farrrrr fulfilling.

Be a loss to see you go as i really enjoy your builds and posts and you offer a cool calm honest and entertaining perspective in your posts, but selling all your cars that you've spent months building and buying simply because someone on here chucked their dummy out their pram just doesn't make any sense.

Stick with it :good:

Cheers

Mark

Im sure the arrival of the new savage will rekindle a bit of my lost enthusiasm. Really excited got alot parts to buy, but this time im waiting till the truck is physically in my hands before buying anything!

Cheers though lads!

yeah chin up guns mate :)

dont do anything hasty bud, it would be a shame to lose someone as informative and interesting as you! :)

everyone loves reading your project builds and trying to compete with you! :)

lots of people like to wonder what your next buzz is going to be, like me!

stick with us, were all on your side bud.

yeah chin up guns mate :)

dont do anything hasty bud, it would be a shame to lose someone as informative and interesting as you! :)

everyone loves reading your project builds and trying to compete with you! :)

lots of people like to wonder what your next buzz is going to be, like me!

stick with us, were all on your side bud.

If only ;)

Well an update, Me and my dad are selling alot of random stuff to get some cash together for various things, And he just phoned me, He took a shed load of DVD's to work to sell for me, And he phoned me to say I've got