• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tectics Diablo project

tectic

Fantastic project. Turned out really well, the offset on the rims, is it 1/2"? Has a much nicer stance than a stock E-Revo, makes me want some offset rims.

They are nearly 11/2" offset

here are some stats

origional front track = 41cm

Diablo,s front track = 47cm

origional length = 59cm

Diablos length = 60cm

Gearing 21/54

origional weight = 3.82kg

Diablos weight = 5.0kg

Finally managed to get some video

I have found that the Hot Racing shock caps have to be replaced

The caps having vent holes drilled in the top of the cap and the shock diaphrams are piercing at this point due to no support.

I have installed the stock caps for now untill a replacement can be found.

I also snapped one of the rear extended arms and will see how the new arms hold up.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5291/movieaix.mp4

Cheers, worked on that attempt, that beauty sounds sooooooooo smooth. It really is whisper quiet! Love it, you should be very pleased with yourself, all that time and effort was clearly worth it. What's next?

Cheers, worked on that attempt, that beauty sounds sooooooooo smooth. It really is whisper quiet! Love it, you should be very pleased with yourself, all that time and effort was clearly worth it. What's next?

Next project Brushless baja 5b

I am really pleased with the Tyres no ballooning and great grip.

The steering is excellent with the Hitec servo

The handling at speed is really good with the increased width.

The slipper works great still wheelies on startup then the center diff spreads the power.

I am really pleased with the Tyres no ballooning and great grip.

The steering is excellent with the Hitec servo

The handling at speed is really good with the increased width.

The slipper works great still wheelies on startup then the center diff spreads the power.

It looks and sounds superb, top job, can't wait for the next one, don't keep us waiting to long!

I can't believe it sounds so smooth. Usually brushless Revos are all clunky and sound like they are going to explode. Yours sounds perfect.

You think it could be the gorilla snawt? If so I might put some in mine :D Not sure if it's ok to use on a 2 speed gearbox though.

The cornering looks good too, guess that extra width really helped.

Really good project overall mate :good:

I can't believe it sounds so smooth. Usually brushless Revos are all clunky and sound like they are going to explode. Yours sounds perfect.

You think it could be the gorilla snawt? If so I might put some in mine :D Not sure if it's ok to use on a 2 speed gearbox though.

The cornering looks good too, guess that extra width really helped.

Really good project overall mate :good:

?

Id check your gear mesh, Cause mine has always sounded that smooth when driving around, At slow speed its as bit clunky but driving round above 10mph its nearly silent!

?

Id check your gear mesh, Cause mine has always sounded that smooth when driving around, At slow speed its as bit clunky but driving round above 10mph its nearly silent!

No I'm not saying mine sounds like that, but some of the brushless Revos I've seen often sound kind of "rattley"...

Plus, I have a nitro Revo, not a leccy. Can't hear the gears over the sound of the engine :lol:

no simon i rang traxxas uk and they had stock, so i got 2 sets, just fitted my double up slipper like tectics with the ally pads and everything looks spot on so hopefully il be issue free

rent akill lmaf get read for my signature