• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nick and Sams: Super Uber Slash 4x4 Thread

Nick

looks like you had a mint time :D do you run them on 11.1v lipos? any motor heat issues?

i was running on 3 and 2S, Nick was running on 2S, no heat issues that we know of :lol: we did mostly run it water though

had them in very deep water today, got lots of video again

Have over an hour of footage to edit. :lol: Broke my Slash pretty good today. :( Shell is ruined, can only put clips on front, snapped front bulkhead and diff housing.

Trying to bodge it... :P Love it so much!!

Ordered all my replacement bits, noticed they do an optional front output in hardened steel for driveshaft instead of a plastic one. #6888X :good:

Alive again for TM. :D

did you get the steel part then? i've noticed a few on trx forum with the same problem

Nice one :good: Looking forward to seeing how one of the 4x4's go as they do look excellent. Shame one couldn't be made into a Rustler 4x4 :lol:

wouldnt be too hard to make it into a truck but wouldnt really be classed as a rustler

i think you could put rustler arms on with rustler tie rods then some truck wheels and shell and maybe different bumpers

UK Traxxas has got them on order from USA, so they should hit shores soon. I've ordered the normal plastic outdrive for now but got the steel one on back order so when it comes in. :good:

Modelsport have got lots of Slash stuff listed now, thanks to me specially ordering them everytime I break something. :lol: If Modelsport don't have them in stock they can get them off UK Traxxas quick to!

Hop-ups:

http://modelsport.co...tegoryID=999010

Spares:

http://modelsport.co...ategoryID=99100

Steel outdrive here:

http://modelsport.co...on&ItemID=36122

my slash platinum has got a full plastic cover that screws on over the shaft shouldnt yours have too?

yeah they do but theres still a big gap over the slipper nut and also at the front where the shaft exits through the chassis

eamo - i have ran mine a couple of times on stock gearing with the 3S lipo in the dry and it ran really cool

sweet ive run mine on 2 and 3s also. on 2s its kind of nippy but 3s is very quick and much more fun, i cant understand why theyve left the shaft so exposed tho especially underneath, surely they cold have left jst a few tuny holes if they wanted water to drain out ps nick are you running the 18t pinion offroad? if so youll be straining the model.

eamo - i have ran mine a couple of times on stock gearing with the 3S lipo in the dry and it ran really cool

sweet ive run mine on 2 and 3s also. on 2s its kind of nippy but not quick enough for my liking 3s is very quick and much more fun, i cant understand why theyve left the shaft so exposed tho especially underneath, surely they could have left just a few tiny holes if they wanted water to drain out ps nick are you running the 18t pinion offroad? if so youll be straining the model. I had probs with mine not throttling sometimes i thought the esc was faulty but found a nice little pool of water in my "waterproof" receiver box. Ive got a new receiver now and it works fine but put it in a balloon and cable tied so VERY waterproof ;')

This is my slash now

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

Edited by eamo1978

Stripped mine down today, gave it a good hosing and made sure there is no friction on drivetrain, surprisingly good considering I left it in my car for about 2 days soaking wet. :lol:

Just waiting for new bits to come and then it is an easy quick bolt on! So easy to work with, rear and front come off so easy. :good: