• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nick and Sams: Super Uber Slash 4x4 Thread

Nick

Yet everyone seems to recomend those Prolines, I did say I thought they were rubbish, but everyone else ws saying how good they are..

I admit I had mine years ago, on an Emaxx lol

Surely the Proline's are racing shocks, not "bashing" shocks, where as the losi8 & D8 shocks are most deffinately more multi purpose.

Surely the Proline's are racing shocks, not "bashing" shocks, where as the losi8 & D8 shocks are most deffinately more multi purpose.

They aren't really either. :lol: More a tame bashers shock.

With the new e-clips I've put on (only did the rear as front was never a problem, then next run after the above happened and front popped out, typical :lol:) they should hold up better.

I'll be sticking them up for sale once 8ights are fitted!

They aren't really either. :lol: More a tame bashers shock.

With the new e-clips I've put on (only did the rear as front was never a problem, then next run after the above happened and front popped out, typical :lol:) they should hold up better.

I'll be sticking them up for sale once 8ights are fitted!

you wont be dissapointed the 8ights on my firestorm have been wicked only issues ive had are they need looking after like regular rebuilds and they are on the heavy side but i find it adds the weight you lose with lipo making things more planted :good:

nick have you used a set of front and rear or two sets of fronts?

I was thinking i could stick a set of my hong nor big bores on? And now seeing yours makes me wanna do it even more :D

nick have you used a set of front and rear or two sets of fronts?

I was thinking i could stick a set of my hong nor big bores on? And now seeing yours makes me wanna do it even more :D

Hong nors are a different length, losi 8ights work well because they are almost exactly the same length as the stock shocks

Hong nors are a different length, losi 8ights work well because they are almost exactly the same length as the stock shocks

hmmm, worth a try though :whistling: will be back later with results

Are the losi's a straight bolt on jobby nick?

I have gone threw 2 shock shafts on my big bores to date and countless rod ends! There one part that just keeps breaking.

They are a direct fit but the top sleeve screw used on the stock shock caps is too small and the Losi ones don't work because they are designed for a shock tower where they bolt and nut through.

What I did was just use a normal M3 screw, heat shrinked it to expand it enough to be a nice fit inside the Losi shock caps, then just screw it in with their spacer. I'll get a photo tomorrow. :good: It seems to work okay so far. Going to really land it hard this weekend and see if they pop off or anything.

• 1 month later...

Parcel Taped LiPo?

You Pikey :lol::xd:

:rofl:

i soooo love this rc! i will have my 4x4 ultimate 4 next weekend and i cant wait :insane:

im just going through all the slash threads i can find, iwant my slash/tank/submerine :P NOW ;(

some cracking vids nick :thumbsup: ive watched them all

edit, hey nick, where did u get your roll cage from? and any reviews? :)

Edited by Tingting44

edit, hey nick, where did u get your roll cage from? and any reviews? :)

Judging by what Nick does to his Slash, I'm guessing that's it's a damn good roll cage. Looks very strong to me, and it's still in one piece!

Liking the chassis colour, poo brown :whistling:

Good to know that it gets used