• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Elgin/Moray meet up.

blueshade27

Yeah the front flip was meant. Took a few knocks trying that one out. All in all i broke a lower rear a arm and bent a cvd.

The hyper is good bud. Bought the rc monster motor mount for it and have never looked back. Gear mesh is bob on. I have adjusted the e revo's suspension to take a lot more abuse now as i have the hyper for handling.

I can't believe your selling up, is there no other way?

Sweet, good to hear it's going good now :good:.

Not really, i've applied for soo many jobs and havn't heard anything back but pretty much my whole year at school are job hunting at the moment and it's only about 2 weeks or so till I'm 17. If i'm honest i've only really had about 20 good minutes out of it :lol:. It is great but to get it going good i'd need a lot of cash which i can't use right now as will be learning to drive soon.

I mean i'd need to sort out the gearing/diff stuff (not properly looked at it yet) and the last run i had that lipo got a bit hot so don't feel to safe running it and if i were to get a new lipo i'd need to get a balancer to keep it going good. All adds up sadly :(.

Once i manage to get a job i'll get myself something decent! Haha.

Well at least your looking at coming back once money's sorted. The job market is pretty glum at the moment, you tried the usual's like Tesco, Asda packing shelf's, boring job but decent cash. Especially if you can get nights. Plug into your ipod and away you go.

Well at least your looking at coming back once money's sorted. The job market is pretty glum at the moment, you tried the usual's like Tesco, Asda packing shelf's, boring job but decent cash. Especially if you can get nights. Plug into your ipod and away you go.

Yup tried most places. Still on the look out and will leave school for the right one!

But yeah, no doubt i'll be back once i can get some stable income tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Sorry to here about your financial woes Connor.

I am down in Dumfries & Galloway with the caravan right now. Its raining :(

I have built a track on some council owned waste ground over the fence from my garden. It is a simple circuit with jumps right now but I hope to expand it over the next few months.

I will post some pics when I get home.

Hi to everyone,

I must admit, i never thought there would be so much people in the Moray area who also love a good bit of RC bashing!

I must have looked at every possible club in Scotland and not found everything, kinda surprised no-one had set up a club in Moray!

Anyway, thought i would stop by here and say hi, i'm also from the Moray area (just outside Forres) and i own a Rex-X buggy (as in the above video) :o! (Althought, not had much time to use it really, been busy with college and all that!)

Hi to everyone,

I must admit, i never thought there would be so much people in the Moray area who also love a good bit of RC bashing!

I must have looked at every possible club in Scotland and not found everything, kinda surprised no-one had set up a club in Moray!

Anyway, thought i would stop by here and say hi, i'm also from the Moray area (just outside Forres) and i own a Rex-X buggy (as in the above video) :o! (Althought, not had much time to use it really, been busy with college and all that!)

Hello,

welcome to the forum! biggrin.gif

i felt the exact same then i found out blueshade27 was near me then dustcloud and terabyt3 and the rest followed.

would be great to get a club going and get more people interested.

anyone up for a meet then? last week of the summer hols for me sad.gif

This weekend sounds good to me, i probably wont be able to bring my buggy, i need to fix quite a few things on it (most of which include the glow starter and the shocks). But i wouldn't mind coming along to see what everyone else is racing :P

This weekend sounds good to me, i probably wont be able to bring my buggy, i need to fix quite a few things on it (most of which include the glow starter and the shocks). But i wouldn't mind coming along to see what everyone else is racing :P

Cool, i actually don't have anything to run atm but will be taking pictures and what not.

I'm sure i have a glow starter somewhere from my old nitro stuff. I'll have a look about for you good.gif

The track is behind the Eight Acres Hotel in Elgin. If you turn in and follow the road on the right it will take you to the car park behind the hotel. Walk around the fence and into the woods and it's just there. If there is no one there then just wait in the car park or something!

I guess we'll probably need to rebuild the jumps? Not sure as i haven't been in a while.

Yup, have been away but back in sunny scotland now.

Welcome to the forum clum, Have you ever bashed your truck up at the dirt jumps in forres?

We need to have a meet up soon.

Thanks!

You mean the bmx dirt jumps near the dam?

If so, i wouldn't dare to, i think my buggy would get stolen :x

is that one's at sanquhar woods?

Oh, uh, yes, i think it's part of sanquhar woods.

Anyone been to Rosile with their cars?

The area beside the kids play area next to the carpark is pretty wide open and flat and there is hard mounds that would be ideal for jumps!

Would be good if the place was empty.

I never really thought about roseisle, last time i checked, you had to pay to go in there :o

I haven't been able to get my car out at the moment, i need 12 batteries for the damn thing :( I have.. 10 and i don't like having to buy large amounts of AA batteries :(

Oh, uh, yes, i think it's part of sanquhar woods.

I never really thought about roseisle, last time i checked, you had to pay to go in there :o

I haven't been able to get my car out at the moment, i need 12 batteries for the damn thing :( I have.. 10 and i don't like having to buy large amounts of AA batteries :(

Yeah, we mostly go on sundays and no one ever pays on a sunday! :P

Poundland is good for batterys, pretty cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Up up for a meet this weekend. Friday evening or Saturday morning/afternoon is best for me. Should have a new RC to try out if it gets here in time :D

Bit more open space would be nice tbh like Roseisle or that disused quarry between Elgin and Miltonduff!

and Gaz, i wunna see that Revo shell in person! :o