• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Elgin/Moray meet up.

blueshade27

Well, the first Elgin meet up took place today, nice to meet you netcon.

The track received some more digging, made 2 longer straights and the beginnings of what will become a decent sized jump.:good:

Anyone else in the Moray/Elgin area? Feel free to join us, get in touch and we will give directions. Its easy to find and don't be shy.

Will post some pics in a bit.

You too. Was great to finally meet someone in the area and was a lot of fun!!

Some piccys of the track, still in early stages but theres the basic shape of it.

SNV32122.jpg

SNV32120.jpg

SNV32119.jpg

SNV32124.jpg

SNV32123.jpg

Jump will eventaully be bigger and maybe try a table top as that would work if we wanted to do the track in reverse.

Let us know if your in the area and we'll arange a meet :good:.

Hey there. I'm fresh faced and new to this but I'm in the Moray area. I own a HPI Trophy 3.5 buggy. Spent all last sunday running it in and had about an hours run about with it and my brothers buggy. Needless to say I'm now feeling the burn. I'm planning on taking mine out over this weekend but don't really know any good places.

Hello terabyt3, welcome to the forum bud. Your more than welcome to come down the woods and join Netcon and myself mate. Might be meeting this weekend but looking at the forecast at the moment, it aint looking good.

Where about's in Moray are you??

Hello terabyt3, welcome to the forum bud. Your more than welcome to come down the woods and join Netcon and myself mate. Might be meeting this weekend but looking at the forecast at the moment, it aint looking good.

Where about's in Moray are you??

Hey there! I'm in Elgin mate. Work in Lossie. I'm up here most weekends. Well I hope the weather does permit. Even if it clears for 10 minutes I'm gonna get it running :D I want to run at least 1-2 more tanks through before I start tuning it and leaning it up a bit. Do you and Net both run Nitro's? Track is looking pretty cool where abouts is it? Anyway I'm off from Friday to Sunday with nothing to do but watch the forecast :D My MSN and Facebook are both on my profile on here I believe :S But if there's a meet on I'm game!

good.gif Terabyt3 good.gif

Net and myself both run lecky. No smelly noisy nitro here:rofl:

Only kidding, the track is in Quarrelwood just behind the eight acres, Still needing abit of work but it will be finished by summer and hopefully some other guys will come out of the woodwork.

Being in Elgin will be handy as well, not far to travel. I'm in lossie, so not far either.

Might try a Saturday meet again but in the morning as it looks like i'm busy Sunday.

Well I've been here a year and I have no idea where anything is at all! Knowing my surroundins is definately not my forte biggrin.gif My housemates have been here a while however so I'm sure they'll be able to give better directions. If you don't mind the squeel of a Nitro I'll come damage my buggy on a few jumps hehehe biggrin.gif But all going well I'm cool for Sat morning.

Edit: Just looked on satelite of google maps for 8acres.... Near the academy?

Edited by Terabyt3

Sort of, Head west towards Inverness on the A96, I think you hit a 40mph zone as you leave Elgin, continue down this road and just before you leave Elgin there is a turning on your right. That's Morriston road, as you turn onto that road there is a turning directly on your left, that's the Eight Acres hotel. Go through the car park keeping right and there is another gravel carpark behind the hotel for one of the function rooms. Park there. The bashing spot/track is directly behind the fence.:good:

Nice to know there is more people in the area biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum Terabyt3!

Let me know if you guys can meet, i can but not sure if i'll have my car running yet, that problem doesn't seem to be fixed as last sunday i went to use it it lost control again and smashed into the pavement at speed so need a new front part before i can fix it all up again closedeyes.gif

Well dudes, went down there today. Nice track! Ran a few tanks (would have stayed most of the day but started raining :( ) Pulled of some nice jumps (and alot of bad ones). There's not much of a run up to the jump like. Thought I'd snapped something when I hit a hidden rock in the middle of the track. I dug it out and tossed it and tried to fill the hole best I could. Just had the car back out to give my housemate a shot. He's thinking about getting one now. Pure comedy moment..... Hand him the controls saying "break it and die" 10 seconds later I hear "errrr dude" as I turn a wheel rolls by me..... spent 20 minutes looking for the nut. Note to self tighten after runs.... Lesson learned.

Well dudes, went down there today. Nice track! Ran a few tanks (would have stayed most of the day but started raining sad.gif ) Pulled of some nice jumps (and alot of bad ones). There's not much of a run up to the jump like. Thought I'd snapped something when I hit a hidden rock in the middle of the track. I dug it out and tossed it and tried to fill the hole best I could. Just had the car back out to give my housemate a shot. He's thinking about getting one now. Pure comedy moment..... Hand him the controls saying "break it and die" 10 seconds later I hear "errrr dude" as I turn a wheel rolls by me..... spent 20 minutes looking for the nut. Note to self tighten after runs.... Lesson learned.

Sounds like you had some fun!

Yeah, there was a part of the track where there was something sticking out, i thought it was a bit of a tree so left it! tongue.gif That's good that it's gone as there was a few parts catching the cars.

Haha cool, would be cool if he got one too, the more the merrier biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right what's happening Saturday?? If you want Dustcloud we could meet down the track. Have you got transport available? You could follow my son and me down, easier than giving directions.

Netcon, you still got tera's info? Can you get in touch with him. Or if you see this tera get in touch. I'll pm ya also.