• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Project Hyperactive

Bazzokajoe

http://scriptasylum...._top_speed.html

i'm using that...

made buy a guy on the rcmonster forum, it's pretty reliable... usually less tan 5mph out according to most people that use it

i guess i'll see :P

i'm sure what ever speed i get out of it will be way too fast anyway :P

Edited by Bazzokajoe

Nice work, it has really got me thinking now as I recently bought a hyper 7 with knakerd engine, receiver etc... And I have been thinking of a electric buggy.

Could be a while in the making if I'm looking at 300 quid but by the sounds of things, it will be some tool you have there.

How long will it run with the 4s lipo?

Cheers,

i'm looking at around 20 mins as their 5200mah...

had my first run yesterday :) was nuts...

i put a 11t pinion in just to see what its like. :o with the 11t pinion its already faster than it was as a nitro... and it ran so cold... motor was at 23*c esc was at 26*c and batterys were at 15*c!!! and thats after a 10 min run of just doing fast passes on my road :)

although... my family arn't too happy with the tire lines in my front garden :P

i'm looking at around 20 mins as their 5200mah...

had my first run yesterday :) was nuts...

i put a 11t pinion in just to see what its like. :o with the 11t pinion its already faster than it was as a nitro... and it ran so cold... motor was at 23*c esc was at 26*c and batterys were at 15*c!!! and thats after a 10 min run of just doing fast passes on my road :)

although... my family arn't too happy with the tire lines in my front garden :P

Nice! :D I'll be running a 46t spur on my RC8 soon, can't wait for the high gearing. :P

• 1 month later...

needs a clear coat over the top of everything to keep the stickers in place when i'm bashing it, other than that its pretty much finished.... untill i decide i want more power :D then it's getting a 2 5s packs to run in parallel in it :ph34r:

shell is a j concepts illusions for a hyper 7 i found on ebay a few months ago, got really lucky as i haven't seen any for sale since :D

Edited by Bazzokajoe

needs a clear coat over the top of everything to keep the stickers in place when i'm bashing it, other than that its pretty much finished.... untill i decide i want more power :D then it's getting a 2 5s packs to run in parallel in it :ph34r:

shell is a j concepts illusions for a hyper 7 i found on ebay a few months ago, got really lucky as i haven't seen any for sale since :D

Sounds good mate, looks really mint.

• 4 weeks later...

Swapped out my spur gear for a kyosho inferno stock one, runs so much smoother now, and much quieter. All that is required is a kyosho spur and either a kyosho or a mugen diff gasket, as otherwise it leaks alot :P nice big puddle of diff oil on my chassis Thursday night :P

Hot a run in yesterday and this beast saw its first air, and a fair few cartwheels :P but no damage :D

Runs like a champ, so balanced in the air its nuts, i was getting 8m high jumps on quarter throttle :D

James666 got a few pics but no video of my car :(

i got a good 40 mins out of the 5200 packs, so i'm well pleases :)

running a 15t pinion on grass meant my electrics got a little hot, but nothing to worry too much about, might go down to 14 for the bash on Friday/Sunday

any way, thats all for now.