• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Post your Plane/Heli pictures!

just checked and it sits level...

when i release it, i have been doing it wrong in that i throw it up but it says to throw it level, but at what speed?

1/2 to 3/4 throttle when you throw it out level in front of you ,then full throttle and a bit of up elevator so it climbs at 30 degrees...

Once high enough back off the throttle to 3/4-ish...

you should only need full throttle when you first start to climb.... after that your just at cruising speed...

• 2 weeks later...

The Dago lives! Fortunately I was sent a new wing, 3 months after the original had arrived damaged so I retrieved the fuselage and got to work with the glass. The original layout was hard to achieve C of G so this time I've mounted an outrunner on the front to give more room for the battery to be slid forward. This means I don't need to use any extra lead so have saved a massive 90 grams in weight! It's not pretty but I test flew it this morning and it works a treat. Very quick with only 400 watts :)

From this:

Deaddago1.jpg

To this:

Dagorebuild3.jpg

The Dago lives! Fortunately I was sent a new wing, 3 months after the original had arrived damaged so I retrieved the fuselage and got to work with the glass. The original layout was hard to achieve C of G so this time I've mounted an outrunner on the front to give more room for the battery to be slid forward. This means I don't need to use any extra lead so have saved a massive 90 grams in weight! It's not pretty but I test flew it this morning and it works a treat. Very quick with only 400 watts :)

From this:

Deaddago1.jpg

To this:

Dagorebuild3.jpg

Looking good...:good:

Cheers Sean. The new wing is composite where the original was wood/foam but the new one is no where near as good quality as the original. I had to get to work on the ailerons with a heat gun just to get them straight! However it is a lot stronger so if I go through a fence again it should take out the fence as well ;)

Just a quicky of my latest heli

4521475096_ed8f6d1b2a_b.jpg

Kasama Srimok 90 with Mikado Vbar

Edited by Sao

Cheers Sean. The new wing is composite where the original was wood/foam but the new one is no where near as good quality as the original. I had to get to work on the ailerons with a heat gun just to get them straight! However it is a lot stronger so if I go through a fence again it should take out the fence as well ;)

unfortunatly it dont happen like that the fence or tree or ground usually wins lol

ive just picked up my new toy its a global rc mx2 setup will be dl 50 on a pitts exhaust at first then wen funds allow ill be puttin it on a tuned canister for more power and quieter

servos will be savox 0251s x 5 and 2 3001 futabas on choke and throttle

guidence will be by a spectrum dx7 and a jr 921 9 ch duel power supply receiver

and ill be runnin 2 x 2200 2s overlander batterys on receiver and a 1800 mah on igniton

now for the piks

WP_000857.jpg

WP_000853.jpg

WP_000852.jpg

WP_000851.jpg

Edit: Just made some more space by destroying my Stinger. Not sure what went wrong as I had no elevator control yet the elevator servo still seems to work fine. Checked the monitor screen on my DX6i and movement is smooth and consistent so no pot problem there. Oh well!