• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Post your Plane/Heli pictures!

Some of my fleet. I have about 12 more so will post pics as and when.

F16 with Het 6904 fan, Het 3W motor on 4 cell. Good for 100mph.

IMG_0221.jpg

Lynx running a cheap 3200Kv outrunner on 3 cell. Bit of a handfull but quick!

Lynx3.jpg

Scratch built 125% Slipso pylon racer running a Mega 16/15/4 on 4 cell. Should be very, very fast!

IMG_0338.jpg

Edited by wastegate

SP_A0241.jpg?t=1263583248

Piccoz Mx-1 extreme , 7 gram 2ch micro copter. the body work has been sanded down and cut away to loose around 0.5 gram. oiled bearings and greased up gearing.

SP_A0243.jpg?t=1263583612

6025-1 metal 3ch contra heli , usb/handset charger, gyro version of the 6020-1/6023-1 ( chinese takeoffs (sh hk))

Edited by Tamiyacowboy
  • Like 1

Love that F16 dude,that looks splendid,I was looking at the ducted fan planes,I like the looks of the F22 and the F15 but they all look smart to be honest.I've no helis left now,wouldn't mind another though at some point,an Eflite MCX Blade,I like them a lot...biggrin.gif

Love that F16 dude,that looks splendid,I was looking at the ducted fan planes,I like the looks of the F22 and the F15 but they all look smart to be honest.I've no helis left now,wouldn't mind another though at some point,an Eflite MCX Blade,I like them a lot...biggrin.gif

aye i looked good and hard at one today in hobbystore.

Yeah, I've had a few brand new planes meet their end on the maiden. My quickest total loss was in 10 seconds and I never found the problem!

I thought cars/trucks were addictive until I got into planes. Now I sit at work monitoring XCWeather waiting for that break in this crap weather so I get up to the flying field and have some fun :)

Yeah, I've had a few brand new planes meet their end on the maiden. My quickest total loss was in 10 seconds and I never found the problem!

I thought cars/trucks were addictive until I got into planes. Now I sit at work monitoring XCWeather waiting for that break in this crap weather so I get up to the flying field and have some fun :)

rofl you are nearly as bad as me. i went 1 step futher and purchased a wind meter. used it when kite flying but works well as an airspeed indicator for model flying to

My Picco-Z has died after one too many crashes but it was fun whilst it lasted :)

My only attempt at flying a heli was pretty dire so I've just stuck to the planes. Maybe there's a hidden Alan Szabo in me somewhere but I've not found it yet.

here is a newer heli the QiFei 315 gyro 4ch micro heli. 3.7v 100mah lipo cell onboard charging via handset. a very poorly made machine but trys its best to be a true 4ch. infact two micro motors drive a gearing system to adjust a simple swash plate,dual main motors and simple motor drive swashplate gearing. no servo's or magnetic actucators here.

SP_A0248.jpg?t=1263941314

My treasured Prop powered jet.

DSC02539.jpg

Needs a little work. :ph34r:

gliders done come in this shape. it looks like a oldish late 80's early/mid 90's prop driven jet plane . those two jet type ducts on side of fuselage look odd for a glider that should be streamlined. ok a little advice you need to skin all those wings and tail units. install the pushrods for the movable surfaces on wings and rear tail units. use modelers covering paper and some cellulose thinners mixed into cellulose d0pe, paint this on thinly allowing to dry 24hrs each coat. prep and paint main fuselage getting wing struts and braces mounted up. get servos installed into wing or fuselage, battery esc motor rx inplace and check for COG. the manual will show show where it should roughly be.

do alotta web searches on type of plane you have, go over instructions very slow look for any hint of planes name or maker. try asking person you received it from if he remembers anything.time to build roughly a week or two if you have a little knowledge

my hunch kinda red arrows type plane

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

a3016532-252-SP_A0250.jpg?d=1264457848

a3016533-51-SP_A0251.jpg?d=1264457848

a3016535-52-SP_A0255.jpg?d=1264457848

so i went to town on the 6020-1.

hacked out the flashing led's, cut away aloto for the canopy for the front motor clearance and cooling, cut away side canopy to open area to charging bay.

next i removed wiring to siad lights removed, took off the two rear tail fin and stabalizer with struts. remounted battery vertical onto gyro back. all in she weighed 40gram, now the cutdown diet version weighs 36 gram, he is now only 7 inches long