• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My E-Revo

Kpowell911

Having big problems!

Took it out to a large dry park earlier, First proper run, Speed is absolutley scary! Its so fast, And the brakes can sent it into a front flip! Seriously, you dont ride on the rear wheels, or the wheeley bar you ride on the wing.

However, 2 Speed passes is all i managaged. After then it was pretty down on power.

Br ought it in, Smoke, EVERYWHERE.

Thankfully, not from the ESC or Motor, but from the slipper clutch (which is at stock setting), Really hot temps from the slipper and motor plate (hot as a nitro engine when running for a full tank!

Ive loosened off the spur and tested it, and after about 15 attemps ive got it right, but its still very loose to me. No wheelies at all, and its very slow accelerating, hills are a struggle. IF i tighten it just a 1/16th, I get the performance im after but the excessive heat comes back after a few mins

Anyone know what I can do? IS there an aftermarket slipper avaliable? Could my mesh be too tight?

Also, the stock pinion keeps working its way loose, which is very annoying! Going to see what the aftermarket ones ive ordered are like.

However, I was grinning like mad though when I first did a speed run :D Just want to sort these little problems out

Having big problems!

Took it out to a large dry park earlier, First proper run, Speed is absolutley scary! Its so fast, And the brakes can sent it into a front flip! Seriously, you dont ride on the rear wheels, or the wheeley bar you ride on the wing.

However, 2 Speed passes is all i managaged. After then it was pretty down on power.

Br ought it in, Smoke, EVERYWHERE.

Thankfully, not from the ESC or Motor, but from the slipper clutch (which is at stock setting), Really hot temps from the slipper and motor plate (hot as a nitro engine when running for a full tank!

Ive loosened off the spur and tested it, and after about 15 attemps ive got it right, but its still very loose to me. No wheelies at all, and its very slow accelerating, hills are a struggle. IF i tighten it just a 1/16th, I get the performance im after but the excessive heat comes back after a few mins

Anyone know what I can do? IS there an aftermarket slipper avaliable? Could my mesh be too tight?

Also, the stock pinion keeps working its way loose, which is very annoying! Going to see what the aftermarket ones ive ordered are like.

However, I was grinning like mad though when I first did a speed run biggrin.gif Just want to sort these little problems out

That could've been a tight mesh, just need to practice that. Bin the pinion, they're ally crap and will continue to come loose. The stock slipper is more than man enough for the job, sounds like teething probs, but if the slipper was loose to start with, you may have just burnt it out, in which case it'll be a new one that you'll need. But when this is all sorted you'll be pleased as punch.

well im off tomorrow and going out with the mrs tonight, and I dont want to get shouted at, So im going to have a look at it all tomorrow, Im expecting to at least buy a new slipper, And i did think my mesh was too tight anyway...

I had the same problem as well. The slipper pad backing plate had melted onto the spur gear and the bearing balls turned into dust.

I've replaced the bearing with a ceramic one and it's been fine since, I also have the slipper pretty tight too.

just thrown two 4000mah 2s lipos into my brushed revo, had a bit off a time switching over to ec3 plugs due to 10 awg wires being overkill for trx plugs.

Anyway all i can say is compared to the 3000mah 8.4 nimh you get with the revo, lipo is far far more fun and powerful! Wheelies at less then half throttle and it will sit grinding along on its wing for as long as you like lol, noticeable power increase both in terms of torque and top speed and runs times look to be much better aswell! highly recommended

just thrown two 4000mah 2s lipos into my brushed revo, had a bit off a time switching over to ec3 plugs due to 10 awg wires being overkill for trx plugs.

Anyway all i can say is compared to the 3000mah 8.4 nimh you get with the revo, lipo is far far more fun and powerful! Wheelies at less then half throttle and it will sit grinding along on its wing for as long as you like lol, noticeable power increase both in terms of torque and top speed and runs times look to be much better aswell! highly recommended

What LVC are you using?

a cheap one from hobby city, soldered on the esc to the bec side. Didnt let it get low enough to test it today. I also velcroed on a voltage checking unit which i can whip off and plug into the battery on the bec to be sure, i may even run with this plugged in to keep an eye on it.

Right, My dad paid the customs charge and picked up the package of pinions from tower, in a huge box lol!

Anyway, My stock spur was slightly stripped, So I went with a 65t Spur. I got rid of that horrible 18t pinion and went with a 19T

Brand new slipper kit, Rebuilt and then installed and meshed the 19t Pinion with the 65t Spur. Seriously, it meshes and rolls so much smoother with the new pinion, the stock 18t with the MMM combo is so terrible!

Its running excellent, Rediculous power, Rolling wheelies on none peaked Lipo's!

Im thinking of going to a 21t pinion as temps seemed ok and it may cure the rather annoying rolling wheelies!

Absolutely love it!

As for lipo, going from nimh to lipo isa more impressive step up than going from brushed to brushless. It may cost alot, But id never go back!

wow you really have your shocks wound down! mine today with the new lipos powering the brushed set up cocks its rear wheels on turning and slowing. Will need tweaking for sure but mine will wheely entire car parks on half throttle which wowed a few people lol

Cant wait to get a brushless system just a case of picking which now!

• Like 1

Im just waiting on red aluminium gtr shocks and this baby is finisged

slash 4x4 and a crawler are next on the list

Nice shopping list, I took out the fleet yesterday, but had to steer round all the puddles. Can't wait for my Summit to arrive, gonna take it straight out the box and into something very wet! Did you see the vid link I sent you?

This one. Edited by mrclive

Everyone who owns an E-Revo Brushed, Go buy an MM Combo, Even if you miss a mortgage payment to do it. Its absolutely insane even on 4S. I dread to think what 6S is like.

I feel so sorry for the wheely bar and wing, seriously, ive yet to get a top speed run! Even travelling at 3/4 throttle, then going to full throttle, you will pop the front wheels so high you by pass the wheely bar and ride on the wing!

Im geared 19/65, Seriously, I Cant wait to ger this up, I got 25 mins out of my batteries and it was still pulling, however most of the time it was me chasing it cause ID rolled it. Seriously, if you floor it from a standstill, it will end up on its roof. Temps were fine, Fan wasnt on and i could hold my hand on the motor all day.

So impressed with how strong the E-Revo is, Mines reletively stock and i had some bad crashes and all is cool.

I need to gear up however, Bored of wheelies now :)

Everyone who owns an E-Revo Brushed, Go buy an MM Combo, Even if you miss a mortgage payment to do it. Its absolutely insane even on 4S. I dread to think what 6S is like.

I feel so sorry for the wheely bar and wing, seriously, ive yet to get a top speed run! Even travelling at 3/4 throttle, then going to full throttle, you will pop the front wheels so high you by pass the wheely bar and ride on the wing!

Im geared 19/65, Seriously, I Cant wait to ger this up, I got 25 mins out of my batteries and it was still pulling, however most of the time it was me chasing it cause ID rolled it. Seriously, if you floor it from a standstill, it will end up on its roof. Temps were fine, Fan wasnt on and i could hold my hand on the motor all day.

So impressed with how strong the E-Revo is, Mines reletively stock and i had some bad crashes and all is cool.

I need to gear up however, Bored of wheelies now smile.gif

Told you you'd like it, my personal record is approx 300mtrs wheelie, building up to 3/4 throttle. Big fun biggrin.gif