• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My E-Revo

Kpowell911

Ready for his new heart :)

Fitted a few upgrades and stripped out the ESC and motor. I've ordereda Mamba Monster MAx 2200kv combo for it :D

Still to fit is the single motor plate and single motor mount, Ran out of time:

So Far Upgrades are:

Traxxas Tubes Red Alumium Push Rods x2

Traxxas Tubes Red Alumium Tie rods x2

Traxxas 17mm Brushless E-Revo Hex Conversion

Traxxas Wheely bar

Proline 40 Series Mashers

Axial OVersize 8 Spokes in Black

Spektrum Radio Gear

Now i hate the way wheely bars look, but it was a necessity IMO especially now the MMM is ordered :D

One thing i will say, you can see why this is such a good race truck, I had the electrics out and wheels and tyres off earlier and its so light, And the COG on a side profile view is so low.

Gotta look at the toe in, Obviouslt ive fitted new links so ive done it by eye for now.

Awesome truck Cant wait to put the MMM in :D

Also, Binded it to my new Spektrum DX3S. I even named the profile E-Revo lol. Its bound to an additional SR300 RX, as the Telemetry gear is going in my E-Firestorm, Then hopefully into my tourer. Funilly enough the Spektrum arrived half way through stripping it, and i wouldnt let myself open it till id finished stripping the truck lol

Ignore the fact theres no rear rocker arm, i broke it and its out of stock on MSUK :(

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

:D

Looking good, keep the punch or launch control on minimum on the MMM imo. It'll still wheelie on demand even on most wet surfaces. Keep the pics coming, I'm gonna try and take some of my trucks and pin em up for all to see......coz of course my trucks are the finest the world has ever seen......lmfao!!!!!!!!!rofl.gif

I've been busy with the camera, the black e-revo on the left was my first and was quickly converted with MMM 2200 and Spektrum. The E-Maxx in the middle is 90% ally and as such is called the Ally-Maxx, it has a Neu 2200kV motor with MGM 160A ESC, RC best CVDs as they are actually tougher than MIP! The diffs are Unlimited Engineering and the steering servo is the Hitec 7955 and it's also on Spektrum. The last weak link in the drive train was the 3906 gearbox, so I've recently fitted the 3905 gearbox and that's everything on that baby covered. She's a fantastic truck, a real keeper, as are the Revos. The blue e-revo on the right has a Neu 2650kV motor with MGM 160A ESC and of course Spektrum. I make no apologies for the mud, these are not shelf queens, that said, I don't abuse them, just use them whenever I can. Now, can someone tell me how to put the pics on big? Cheers.

post-14082-126219965956_thumb.jpg

post-14082-126219979619_thumb.jpg

post-14082-126220002475_thumb.jpg

post-14082-126220019496_thumb.jpg

looking good matey, great trucks

Were you talking bout mine? If so, cheers. I love em, I get as much pleasure from tinkering with them as I do driving them. If I can scrape the funds together I'd like to get the 4wd Slash next.

Were you talking bout mine? If so, cheers. I love em, I get as much pleasure from tinkering with them as I do driving them. If I can scrape the funds together I'd like to get the 4wd Slash next.

yeh but you both have great looking trucks! good.gif

Ive ordered it anyway so ill just have to wait lol

nice rigs Mr Clive. I only wish i had pics of my old emaxx. $3.5k's worth of unlimted engineering wide arms, hubs, bulkless bulk heads, shock towers, 8 spider diffs, cvds and centre aluminium transmission case bolted to a GOrilla chassis. Twin hacker brushless system ruuning 18 Cell nimhs! Regret selling that :-(

nice rigs Mr Clive. I only wish i had pics of my old emaxx. $3.5k's worth of unlimted engineering wide arms, hubs, bulkless bulk heads, shock towers, 8 spider diffs, cvds and centre aluminium transmission case bolted to a GOrilla chassis. Twin hacker brushless system ruuning 18 Cell nimhs! Regret selling that :-(

Dude, can't believe you sold that, must have been an awesome truck! Thought mine was good, but that's an impressive spec sheet. What kind of speed? Have you ever heard of 'Bomb proof products'? American company, looks like they produce some top gear too.

This was back in 2004/5. Bombproof was the chassis everyone told me to get, (LExan) But i wanted bling :D

Seriously i spent so much on it. Look on www.unlimnitedengineering.com and i had the lot except the chassis. Twin Hackers and 18 cells.

How fast was it? I dont know, I never ran it, I built it over a year, then past my real car test @ 17 and sold it before i bought the second ESC and bought some 18" Rims, Tyres, Induction Kit and lowering suspension for my Clio lol.

Before anyone asked how i bought it at 16-17 years old, IVe worked 40 hours a week since the day I left school. Finished on the friday, Started a 40 hour working week on the monday :)

I wish i had pics, i know the bloke i sold it to has pics on his site, but he kinda changed it a little

Edited by 19 Inch Guns

Now fitted the single motor mount and gear case:

IMG_2652.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2616-1.jpg

Ordered a few more upgrades so full spec when everything arrives will be:

Spektrum DX3S Telemetry Radio

Spektrum SR300 Reciever

Castle Creations Mamba Monster Maxx ESC

Castle Creations 2200kv Brushless Motor

2x HPI Plazma 5300mah 2s 7.4v Lipo Batteries

Traxxas Red Andonized GTR Race Shock (4)

Traxxas Single Motor Conversion Mount

Traxxas Single Motor Conversion Gear Cover

Traxxas Tubes Red Alumium Push Rods x2

Traxxas Tubes Red Alumium Tie rods x2

Traxxas 17mm Brushless E-Revo Hex Conversion

Traxxas Wheely bar

Proline 40 Series Mashers

Axial Oversize 8 Spokes in Black

Im looking at ordering 2x 3S Lipos too :) Only cheapo ones, Any recomendations?

they are heavy, but awesome on everything, a proper go anywhere tyre with loadsa tread, increased height and width. They do take a toll on performance, but they make it a monster truck, which is what i bought it for!