• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My E-Revo

Kpowell911

Dude, that ride gonna rock, you wait and see. Just make sure it's on spektrum, the castle system, like so many others, needs to be on 2.4!

Edited by mrclive

lot of issues with them on non 2.4 ghz systems apparently!

Right, Well today went shopping for my birthday, Decided to stop messing about with cheap soldering irons, which are making my life difficult and went to Maplin whilst shopping

Picked up a nice Digital tempreture controlled 450 degrees C Soldering station :D Along with some helping hands

Set it up on its own little permanant bench in the workshop :)

I then got soldering. First off, I would just like to recommend to any one buy a proper soldering iron, I really struggled with soldering in the past and this has made it a breeze. Really nice bit for kit and was half price,

The noise is possibly the motor. That motor is a beast and so the magnets are strong. When the rotor moves round it can make a 'graunching' noise. Once on the move it should be ok. The other thing to do is check there is no side ways movement in the diffs (as the diff ring and crown pinion can get seperated and make a noise you are describing) and shim if required. Also check the spur and pinion for any chips.

The 28T pinion in my MERV had a chunk missing from the box; replaced with a 25T and she is now much quieter confused.gif

Clive, Couldnt see anything in the manual about the order the wires plug into the ESC (the motor bullets) So i put them in any old how for pics, Can you confirm how they go?

Thanks

New shell looks good too smile.gif

Been away from pc for a couple of days, but like the other guy said, if it runs backwards, just swap any two wires.

if i ever get to a bash your more than welcome to have a go yourself ,Seriously, the first time i took it out in my cul de sac, i giggled like a little girl :)

Pretty much finished this project now, Just waiting on Red GTR andonoised shocks (thanks Sarah ;)) And some pinions and spurs which are ordered.

Xray just needs minimal set up stuff, Springs and oils.

The Firestorm is just going to stack stock ,although I may treat her to a new black shell and black rims like my E-Revo

Next Project im aiming to have for April, A Cralwer :)