• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Car for Christmas

Menagruth

Hi everyone!

I'm looking to buy a new rc car, already have two nitro cars and this time I want to buy an eletric one. I'm looking for a basher/racer, something strong and reliable but fast around the track (most of the times I will run it at the race track). I have a budget of £300.

I like the look of the SC trucks, but wouldn't mind to buy another type of car. It has to be at least 1/10 and with my budget I think RTR would be better.

The HPI Blitz seems to be very good, lots of positive feedback on other forums, either from bashers and racers. But there is also SC10 which seems to be a good racer but a bit fragile for a basher.

I will also have to buy batteries, NiMH for now, I will be able to afford brushless and lipo after Christmas.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks smile.gif

Edited by Menagruth

This brings back the rustler vs T4 vs firestorm debate.

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=69437

In the end the rustler won due to the fact that it has more spares and hop ups. And because I could turn my slash into one for not very much cash. :lol:

But there all great cars. Rustler is a pure basher, T4 is pretty much a pure racer, and the firestrom is in the middle. :)

I'm even more confused now. helpsmilie.gif

Between thoose three I think I prefer the firestorm (or maybe the rustler laugh.gif).

But are the brushless versions worth? If I buy a normal version I might be able to strech the budget and buy a brushless system (like a Losi Xcelorin) and a lipo.

Edited by Menagruth

What about an e-revo ?

You can pick them up pretty cheap the upgrade to brushless later!!

loads of after market parts and hop-ups available

The firestorm flux is fine. Pricey, but fine.

The rustler VXL though has a rubbish brushless system. You would be much better off getting a brushed rustler and putting something like a mamba max in it. :good:

Since I'm also going to run it at a track I would prefer a sensored system. Any suggestions?

What about an e-revo ?

You can pick them up pretty cheap the upgrade to brushless later!!

loads of after market parts and hop-ups available

I prefer a stadium or SC truck, never really liked MTs.

Edited by Menagruth

the flux system is just a castle sidewinder reboxed, not that gd then, 19 inch guns here already wants to upgrade his flux system.the losi xcelorin is great, only pros benefit a same wind more expensive motor from say novak or lrp. schumacher are bringing out a new 2wd buggy soon so that could be an option but it probs wont b out 4 xmas

I will definitely upgrade to a losi, novac, etc. brushless system, and thats why I think the flux is not worth, at least for me.

Think I will buy a normal version and then upgrade to brushless and lipo. Btw how bad heh.gif is the Fireball 15T motor?

the flux system is just a castle sidewinder reboxed, not that gd then, 19 inch guns here already wants to upgrade his flux system.the losi xcelorin is great, only pros benefit a same wind more expensive motor from say novak or lrp. schumacher are bringing out a new 2wd buggy soon so that could be an option but it probs wont b out 4 xmas

I only want to upgrade cause i want to run 3 S lipo and more power. Ive not used it yet.

Hi guys!

I will order the car this week but still can't decide which one should I get. I've been looking into other cars and I really like the cyber 10b buggy, is it any good?

I'm between the firestorm and the cyber, which one do you guys think is the best? I remember that the car will mostly be run at the track and not at the park.

Thanks smile.gif

Edited by Menagruth

Hi guys!

I will order the car this weak but still can't decide which one should I get. I've been looking into other cars and I really like the cyber 10b buggy, is it any good?

I'm between the firestorm and the cyber, which one do you guys think is the best? I remember that the car will mostly be run at the track and not at the park.

Thanks smile.gif

for the track, the cyber wins hands down. Most places don't have a truck class, but almost all have a 4wd buggy class.