• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Xmod 4x4x4 mini clod

Jayce

I recently got this truck body in with a deal,and was going to make a mudder truck with an evo truck chassis.

DSC02208.jpg

But after this mockup,my mind was made up!

DSC02211.jpg

The body came without a grill or tailgate,so i decided to have a go at making them.I made a start on the grill,it still needs some tidying,before i build it up to form the grill and light surrounds.

DSC02217.jpg

DSC02216.jpg

It fits pretty well too. :)

DSC02212.jpg

i finished the surround on the grill. I will put the centre piece and the emblem on tomorrow.

DSC02221.jpg

added the centre part and the emblem to the grill.I will fill some small gaps tonight then sand and shape some more.

DSC02230.jpg

i have made the bumpers too,needs filling and more sanding but the basic shape is there.

DSC02250.jpg

DSC02247.jpg

DSC02249.jpg

The bumpers were a little too large for the truck,so i reduced them a bit.

still think the front needs to lose another mm.The more re-filling, re-shaping and re-sanding :duh:

DSC02260.jpg

DSC02262.jpg

DSC02263.jpg

The front bumper was about 1.5mm taller than the rear one,tho not any more :)

DSC02266.jpg

DSC02267.jpg

And that's pretty much where i am atm,i'm waiting for another truck front end to arrive to complete this.

It will be using a micro esc,and hobby servo's for steering too.

Small update,i have the wheels converted now :) I took the wheel centres on the monster wheels out to 6.5mm too,i can now fit the atomic socket in there. :)

DSC02312.jpg

And have two front ends with lift kits fitted,tho i need the bushings that fit the red gear,and two of the g box casings that are missing here. :(

DSC02313.jpg

It's also a good job i received another chassis with the front end,as it appears i'm too dumb to use a measure properly and cut the original chassis' too short :o .

All fixed now tho,and another mockup, just chassis this time. :)

DSC02315.jpg

• Like 1

I did pick up a couple of pieces of tube from the lhs,but even the smallest i bought is too big for a roll cage. sad.gif

DSC02336.jpg

But remember the faux shocks from a few posts back? I did two types to see which look best.

DSC02334.jpg

Started sticking some styrene together and came up with this.

DSC02344.jpg

Yup,it's the start of the interior for this truck,i'll be adding the full cage next. biggrin.gif

DSC02337.jpg

DSC02339.jpg

I did some more interior work tonight,i did make a steering wheel too,but i busted it while shaping it. ohmy.gif

I have the cab front firewall cut now,but not fitted yet and the steering column in and dials made.

DSC02348.jpg

DSC02352.jpg

Comments/suggestions welcomed. smile.gif

Edited by Jayce

This is gunna be great smile.gif

Thanks,i hope so :)

I really admire people who can make things out of that plastic. I am hopeless. confused.gif

This is the first time i have clicked with it myself,always ended horribly before.If the chassis parts were all here,i dont think i'd have done this much interior work.:)

looking good, how about a row of lights in the roof with smileys on them

I'm not sure if smileys will suit it,as it isnt staying blue.:D i need to get some more clear red,then i'm gonna be giving it a custom paintscheme too.

Thanks for all the comments.:) They help to keep me going.

I made a rollcage(purely show not functional) and have added the drivers seat and made another steering wheel.

DSC02366.jpg

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02371.jpg

DSC02372.jpg

It still needs tidying a bit and the front cross brace adding at the top of the windscreen,before getting a dusting of flat black.

Questions and comments/suggestions welcome. :)

It's coming along nicely! Any updates on the chassis? (pics tongue.gif)

Not at the moment,the parts i was expecting never turned up :( Replacements are on the way tho! :)

Hey this looks awesome, very skilled smile.gif

Thanks very much. :)

Abit more of an update,

Well i seem to have caught the OCD bug that is circulating the forums.:)

The first cage just didn't look right,so a couple of hours of measuring,cutting, bending and soldering,and we have the new rollcage.:D

Oh don't pay too much attention to the 'new' paint,i was kinda thinking out loud with paint. lol

DSC02417.jpg

DSC02418.jpg

DSC02419.jpg

It still needs some of the joins tidying,and then i can paint it.:D

Comments/suggestions welcomed.

Nice soldering work dude,is that brass rod you're using..? looks great,well done for the neatness on that with it being so small.Its all coming together nicely dude....

Well i wanted to leave the interior alone for a while,OCD was killing me.:duh: I received some more parts this week and i now have 1 complete front end assembled and fitted. I also have the new drive shaft cut and fitted too.

DSC02431.jpg

I also have enough parts to mock up the second one,but not fit it properly.So i then ripped my alloy trucks front end apart and stole the internal parts i need and........She's a roller! ::::)

DSC02434.jpg

The only thing is as it has the long driveshaft mod and the xmod rim is mounted to the inside if the monster rim,it does this at full lock.

DSC02435.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

So i am going to experiment with a slightly shorter long driveshaft(if that makes sense)

Anyway,i know how some of you love a good mock-up.....so here ya go! :D

DSC02441.jpg

DSC02443.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Tim.:) I have all the gearbox parts now, so i chopped and filled the gearbox's to make way for the servo's.

DSC02502.jpg

I have the gearbox's built and fitted now,and have the elecs placed where i want them.I have also cut a hole and mounted a spur gear to the awd shaft.I might have to rethink the gear sizes tho.

DSC02510.jpg

I need to get a couple more micro servo's,as i forgot i had converted one to use as a crawl motor and 1 for 360 rotation to be used as a winch. I don't have the parts to re convert them back.:o I need to work on my forward planning skills! :duh:

I also painted the rollcage.

DSC02512.jpg