• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Schumacher Manic 1/8th 6cc Twin Cylinder Nitro Truck

Garry

Or a V setup for looks?

EDIT: I meant V-Twin, it just came to me :good:

v twin would work but it would have to be a 4 stroke in that case, that would mean it wouldn't be much better than the .18 2 stroke althouth there would be some torque for wheelies

I'm sure a few years ago at a model show, a company had a V-design 2 stroke engine on display, possibly OS and possible for aero use, but each cylinder was .21.

I'm sure a few years ago at a model show, a company had a V-design 2 stroke engine on display, possibly OS and possible for aero use, but each cylinder was .21.
there was a sirio V twin 2 stroke engine a little while ago, not sure if it ever actually came out though

:confused::confused: I thought there was supposed to be a brushless electric version coming.

There is... just not yet.

Edited by Stumungous

finally schumacher saw sense and use the 17mm hex as standard, that hex looks like a new design so will wait for it to come out and fit on my havoc.

I dont mind belt but they should have covered it at least but guess it wont be hard to make one, would love to see a video of that, price is a bit steep but if its stronger than most monster truck then might be worth it.

I think a lot of people are missing the point of that engine, a point which also explains the price - this is a competitor for the Baja, but the Savage/Revo.

The Baja isn't really that quick (1/8th buggies are faster) but it sounds better and looks better. Its about the experience not the performance.

The same applies here - with a two cylinder engine its going to sound very different from the single cylinder engines are are used to, and a more realistic sound than the current demented hornets nest you get from a race .21.

there are some nice multi cylinders, if i ever get the time i'm gonna get an os 300 dia star and make a water cooling head for it then whack it in a car, 50cc's in summat not much bigger than a 23cc, hell yes :D

• 9 months later...