• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New to Rock Crawling

jsdcas07

Hi Well I have been a E-maxx man for quite some time now but thought that I would Venter into the rock Crawling world with a Kit Axial AX10. So I Have Built it and bought Venom Racing Fireball Rock Crawler 55 motor for it and all works well round the living room using the Girlfriend to climb over makes good driving practice.LOL. But just 1 thing that I am not shore about is that I put the wheel on as (i think) the instruction say and I have wheel wobble when driving. Is this normal or can some of the wobble be stopped. Any help would be most grateful?

Thanks J

Check the following mate:

Are the beadlock screws tight?

Nut to hold the wheel on tight?

There should be a small pin behind the hex-is it there?

With the AX10 crawlers the hexes are screwed on with a allen key type screw(grub screw)-is this tight mate?

:)

Edited by 53HRA

Check the following mate:

Are the beadlock screws tight?

Nut to hold the wheel on tight?

There should be a small pin behind the hex-is it there?

With the AX10 crawlers the hexes are screwed on with a allen key type screw(grub screw)-is this tight mate?

:)

hi

Beadlock ??? not shore what these are

Nut are tight

Pin is bhine the green Hex and grub is in there.

After colser inspection it would seem that in where the drive shaft meet with the Hub there are two Bearings witch seem to be the wrong size causing the wobble

• 6 years later...

Could be just the tyres.  Check they are seated on the rim all the way round.  Store the car with wheels off the floor to prevent flat spots on soft crawling tyres.

Could be just the tyres.  Check they are seated on the rim all the way round.  Store the car with wheels off the floor to prevent flat spots on soft crawling tyres.

Boom thats it. 

like a pushbike / motorbike tyre you have to seat them, we tend to put a little air in the tyre and bump the rim on the floor all the way round the wheel.

it helps seat the tyre edge lip to the rim edge, then we pump up the tyre. 

i found my twin hammers , superswampers had this funny like wobble, looked as if the rear axle was bent or the hex had been mashed out.

problem is i was running metal hex and it was a kit build , i built it myself so knew all was right mechanical. 

after slowly turning the wheels i found each area where the wheel/tyre kicked outward/inwards a quick pinch in that area and a wiggle back and fourth had it seat.

when mounted the wobble had gone ( i put this down to the foam inside being off central ). so its worth a try fella and seeing if this could help you out as it did me.

Hahaha! Fantastic.

I guess he was just hoping to be helpful?  Good effort i guess  :thumbsup:

(Hahaha! Fantastic.)

I thought it was a good suggestion for someone that has to read the manual to put a wheel on and has never heard of a beadlock!

Best to check everything rather than slate his building skills.

I noticed you didn't try to help.

I wasn't on this site in 2009 - so you're very much correct!

I'm sure that in the 6 years now past he either:

a ) Fixed it

or

b ) Long got over it

resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-i-love

Edited by Zombi

Oh my god     And I did check the date!  25/6!

I didn't expect to have to check the YEAR!   Thanks Zombi.

Why on earth are we paying Admin all this money, when they can't even clear carp up like this?   Robbery.

Edited by AX10