• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

stigimun

I wouldn't touch the MFR from the reports i've seenon them,weak and parts are hard to come by for them,in my opinion,its way overpriced new and basically its Kyoshos poor attemt at a Tmaxx style truck.Its your choice at the end f the day but it will break if you try to do what a Revo or a Maxx can do.... ;)

No. Dont get a T-Maxx or S-Maxx. They are old. They aren't bad but the Revo is a much better truck. The Revo is much stronger aswell. I know I may seem very biast towards Revo's but they are just a better truck than the T-Maxx.

You obviously haven't seen how I bash my Sportmaxx....I have had a revo and decided to sell that because the parts kept breaking on it where as the Maxx I have had no serious issues with.

And the sportmaxx I have is no ordinary sportmaxx either a 4.5mm hardened widemaxx chassis with all the uprated driveshafts and gears from the latest T-maxx so the truck can handle the power. Everybody says the T-maxx is getting old and not as good anymore if that were true would Traxxas be putting newer models of the truck out and them still selling like they always have????

The Sportmaxx isn't a Monster Truck either it is classed as a Maxx stadium truck due to its lower center of gravity...yes it still rolls in corners but so do revo's.

I don't undertsand why people slate the truck it is the original monster truck which inspried HPI to make the savage and other manufacturers then followed suit.

This isn't to bump my for sale thread either it's just my opinion, if it doesn't sell then I will keep it and do a project shelf queen.

That's my 2 cents anyways.

From looking at what you have.....listen to Mr Terminator and get a buggy. I have all sorts, truggies, trucks and buggies and for some reason continue to love monster trucks the most; but the buggies really are great if you only have trucks etc. They handle like they are on rails, and take some severe beatings, they are very fast, jump better than trucks, and are easy to work on.

The Rex-X would be great for your budget, or alternatively a Hong Nor X1 CR; or Hot Bodies Lightning/HPI Trophy. I would add one to your collection! :D

Imo also buy one new, for that budget, any "better" one 2nd hand usually will have slop etc. and will mean more spending!

Get a losi lst2 there are brilliant i had savys for a long time till i got the losi now its my favorite truck you should be able to pick up a good second hand one for around

i think i'd say probably 1/8 buggy or save it, tbh a buggy would be fun bu that said so is having something break on your car and think 'oh thats ok, i have plenty of money to repair it'

either that or *cough* a truggy*cough*