• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Photography!

richhrly

Just some shots I took last night. Bit noisy but gotta expect that from a smartphone at 800iso lol

20131217_165028.jpg

20131217_165101.jpg

20131217_165132.jpg

20131217_165140-1.jpg

20131217_165144.jpg

20131217_165205.jpg

Edited by chewbacca

WGGlkxs.jpg

Sun 19th december

Grabbed this today via a huge 1000mm lens system (telescope ) 

taken with a solar filter, the system is f8.9 @1000mm camera is my canon 350D

i used a astronomy mount to track the sun slowly across the sky. 

96 out of 160+ images used ( the best quality to 50%)

am getting alot better now picking up grain and the secondary halos round the sunspots

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Found a box of cameras in my dad's loft over Christmas - here's one taken with my Canon 18-135 with an old Tamron 35-70 reverse mounted to the front;

fly_crop.JPG

Here's the uncropped original (only smaller)

fly_crop2.JPG

Had to use camera flash as the Tamron lens was about 2" from fly when in focus

fly_crop3.jpg

Edited by TWINSET
  • Like 1

Nice - Corsair?

Yus. Had a day shooting in TFC's hangar today, using an off camera flash which was fun (first time for me). The day could be described as: Down a stepladder, change flash. Up stepladder. Take photo. down stepladder, move flash. Repeat as required.

Here's a behind the scenes:

11909800613_2020757bc7_c.jpg

You need staff - or an RC tripod :thumbsup:

Actually, an RC gimbal plate might work...

That would go badly wrong, with my track record of runaways... "Yes, I'm very sorry but my remote control flash just wrote off a priceless aircraft" :P

I've enlisted the help of a friend for next time. Should have 2 flashes also.

That would go badly wrong...

...I've enlisted the help of a friend for next time. Should have 2 flashes also.

So he can fly the quad with the other flash slung under it?

Most of these planes have been shot at, the odd bit of camera hardware bouncing around shouldn't be a problem :tank:

A quick one from today:

11910757256_9eae9a8dda_c.jpg

Just the one... by Harry Measures, on Flickr

Nice detailed shot Harry.

Off camera flash takes a lot to master but the results are worth it.

A suggestion if you don't mind, in this shot I would photoshop out the flash hotspots that can be seen on the nose and maybe the ones on the engine fins (if that is what they are) too and also lighten up the top left corner (unless that is a post added vignette).

It may be worth thinking about a bigger modifier for your flash to diffuse the light more.  Also depending on if these shots are more business than pleasure I would maybe think about investing in studio heads rather than flash guns.

Just some advice but feel free to ignore or tell me to sling my hook  :yes:

Edited by stupar

So he can fly the quad with the other flash slung under it?

Most of these planes have been shot at, the odd bit of camera hardware bouncing around shouldn't be a problem :tank:

True, but them they were disposable for want of a better word. If I trashed one now I think I'd be using the thick end of my

Nice detailed shot Harry.

Off camera flash takes a lot to master but the results are worth it.

A suggestion if you don't mind, in this shot I would photoshop out the flash hotspots that can be seen on the nose and maybe the ones on the engine fins (if that is what they are) too and also lighten up the top left corner (unless that is a post added vignette).

It may be worth thinking about a bigger modifier for your flash to diffuse the light more.  Also depending on if these shots are more business than pleasure I would maybe think about investing in studio heads rather than flash guns.

Just some advice but feel free to ignore or tell me to sling my hook  :yes:

Stuart, I'm all ears at the moment! Was my first time using any sort of flash so I was just borrowing a Metz head for the time being. The flash hotspots I shall get rid of however the vignette is natural as it is just the curvature of the engine cowling. At the moment this is purely practice, although the shots are being used on tfcs blog, however I do have some more important work lined up with them in the future.

I will be investing in so,em flash heads soon but I have more important things to buy first, plus the portability of flashguns is good in a hangar as tight as that.

Cheers for the advice.

• Like 1

Stuart, I'm all ears at the moment! Was my first time using any sort of flash so I was just borrowing a Metz head for the time being. The flash hotspots I shall get rid of however the vignette is natural as it is just the curvature of the engine cowling. At the moment this is purely practice, although the shots are being used on tfcs blog, however I do have some more important work lined up with them in the future.

I will be investing in so,em flash heads soon but I have more important things to buy first, plus the portability of flashguns is good in a hangar as tight as that.

Cheers for the advice.

Might be worth looking at studio lights still, especially battery powered ones. The output / quality of light is a lot different to normal flash heads once you get a modifier on them.

Might be worth looking at studio lights still, especially battery powered ones. The output / quality of light is a lot different to normal flash heads once you get a modifier on them.

Any recommendations that don't cost the earth Rich/Stuart? Would sub

Yeah, for setup around a table in a studio (well, bedroom) doing 'product' photography they're pretty good for the money. Wouldn't want to try and cart them around in a working hangar though.

• Like 1