• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Photography!

richhrly

The rattle of 10fps is something to behold. You'll love it!

First thing I did. Coming from a mkI, then the II/n and now to this, you can feel the hard work has paid off. First thing was firmware up to 1.3.1 ready for its run tonight. So many more custom functions on this thing, its great.

Was down at Popham airfield. Not the same league as you Harry but some cool planes non the less.

Still waiting on a 1D III so had to spend some time with the Sony SLT-A58 over the past few weeks/months. Not a fan of EVF or the whole translucent mirror evolution but it was an interesting experience. Oddly, im still finding someone weird with this shot. Almost like its been PS'ed. I can't put my finger on it...

9288334926_24a2c3d560_c.jpg

How did you take the picture so the wheels are spinning, the background is blurred and the car is in full focus? When I tried this everything was in focus, looked like the car was still even though it was doing something like 70mph.

How did you take the picture so the wheels are spinning, the background is blurred and the car is in full focus? When I tried this everything was in focus, looked like the car was still even though it was doing something like 70mph.

Slow shutter speed and shot from another moving car at about the same speed

As below. We did mess around with how far ahead/back he was and got this. You need a nice slow shutter speed for it to work. I did try with my iPhone at 70 and yeah got the same. Only way was dropping my shutter speeds right down.

9302562366_21dbfb8d6d_c.jpg

Slow shutter speed and shot from another moving car at about the same speed

Yup. Had my friend on the outside land with CC on and same with the tourer which helps A LOT and then just fired a few rounds off.

Right, gave the 1D mkIII a bit of a shakedown (low light) tonight and it handled well. The letdown is I have no USM/HSM lenses so the limiting factor is AF speed from them. No big deal but will have to invest in the Canon 85 1.8 and sell off this Sigma 1.4 as a start. Then look at a 70-200 as a minimum now.

One from tonight

9302094005_b44c24d102_c.jpg

Right, gave the 1D mkIII a bit of a shakedown (low light) tonight and it handled well. The letdown is I have no USM/HSM lenses so the limiting factor is AF speed from them. No big deal but will have to invest in the Canon 85 1.8 and sell off this Sigma 1.4 as a start. Then look at a 70-200 as a minimum now.

One from tonight

9302094005_b44c24d102_c.jpg

The 85 F1.8 and 100 F2 are real hidden gems in the Canon line up. The 70-200 F4 has faster AF than the F2.8 mkI, but then you lose out on the extra DOF/light. The AF on the 2.8 mkI is no slouch, but on the F4 it reads your mind. Sadly haven't had a play with the F2.8 mkII too so I can't give any advice!

I loved my 85mm f1.8, on full frame it made for some very dreamy photo's indeed and it was pretty sharp wide open.  I still lust after a 135mm though!  :yes:

70-200 F4 as Rich say is a quick lens if you don't need the extra stop of light.  I just picked up one recently for a mere

Edited by stupar

Having a shake down of the 1DX. Guy who used it before me was nothing like me, so still shaking down the custom functions before my 6AM start tomorrow for RIAT. Aimed it at the moon..

1DX, 500mm F4 mk1, 1.4x MkII.

1DX_3816.jpg

Haha odd since I was out on my roof a little while ago, nothing as spectacular

9325145922_cb3487448e_c.jpg

I had a go on a 1DX today and the amount of adjustments is unheard of. I knew the 1D's could be complex but the X goes one step further.

Bit crap but had a play with the 5000 at dirt masters. Some came out peachy on the mac, only a few iffy ones on the phone currently

Annoyingly the ones I've pulled into Lightroom so far seem to indicate I have a dead (red) pixel on sensor :(

Posted Image

Posted Image