• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

xbox 360 (any model)

midi-mania

my mate who has a PS3 wants a 360 because he loves gears and halo . he is giving me the money to buy one and he wants a mint condition one, preferably new in box or hardly used with NO DAMAGE what so ever!

must have a HDMI port

must have original box in mint conditions with all packaging and paperwork

must work perfectly

must have NO damage or scratching

at the moment he is looking at buying an arcade off ebay and then buying a hard drive etc but he is looking for the best deal he can find

Yeah that Currys deal is pretty damn good. Tell your mate to stop being so tight and just buy a new one.

Also, do you really want to risk buying a secondhand 360 not know how well it has been looked after (everyone will tell you the 360 they are selling is in good condition, remember that)

ask him why it has to have a HDMI socket? as neither the ps3 nor 360 have any games that are rendered in full 1080, most are just upscaled so the difference between component leads n HDMI are zero :)

adam

WipePut HD on the PS3 is the only game currently on the market that is a true 1080p ;)

Also, the PS3 is the ONLY device that can actually output in a true 1080p ;)

yeh... it is, but doesnt mean it does :P most games i have are 720p or 1080 upscaled. all they do is make the game to a resolution similar to 1260x1080, then jsut upscale the horizontal lines to make it 1920. as the vertical lines are still 1080.. they can still clame its output. ANNND sony say its has a 1080p output, but that doesnt mean the games are 1080, blu rays out put is 1080 so that could be why they claim it ;) little company tricks to make ppl buy them

adam

I use my PS3 to play blu-rays and i have a couple of blu-rays that my dad has on DVD.

I have played them both on my PS3 and on my upscalling DVD player (i didn't want it, it was just with my cinema system) and the quality difference is immense. You can really notice the sharpness, contrast and general quality of the blu-ray compared to upscaled DVD.

nah its not that gd, its more on the scale of when vhs was replaced by dvd, not a huge difference. alot of blu rays really arnt anything special. i got windtalkers yesterday... looks better on dvd imo. shoved it in my blu ray player n it was really disapointing.

im watching crocodile dundee 2 atm on channel 4 HD and even thought its probably bradcast in 720p and of its age, it looks amazing.

adam

i suggest u buy a samsung blu ray player, a samsung 6 series tv gold plated hdmi leads, then windtalkers :) ul see what i mean then.

and no im not stupid... u are aware that upscaling isnt initially designed to make it look better? its designed to take the stress away from the tv having to re render the image to fit.

adam

Edited by badger906

I wouldn't touch a samsung telly with my crutch even if i was paid to. My dad has one and the quality is inferior to my Sony by a long way.

A gold plated HDMI leads? Don't make me laugh. You are aware that they are digital signals and unlike anologue signals tramsitted through RCA etc, digital signals aren't affected by 'gold plated' plugs etc. A 20p cable (like you can get off amazon) will transmit the signal in EXACTLY THE SAME way as a

i wouldnt touch sony :good: when i was choosing my tv i chose the one with the highest contrast, fastest responce time, and the best looking. and the one that matched my other gizmos

all i said was windtalkers looks appaling in HD and that upscaling doesnt make much diff. go buy the film and ul see what i mean, its grainy and appalingly unsharp.

and.. gold plated leads are compliments of samsung, free with blu ray player :)

now im thinking this thread should step in the direction of the topic

adam

Edited by badger906

I aren't going to waste money on a DVD that i haven't even heard of, nevermind a DVD that i don't want. If the film is quite old then it will appear grainy and poor quality in general. It isn't the DVD itself that determines the quality, it is how it was recorded/filmed in the first place.

Aaahhh i'll let you off then. I have Black Hawk Down, I am Legend and Superbad on BD. I had watched them all on regular DVD before BD and it was far sharper, less grainy and nowhere near as much 'noise' around objects in the picture.

I have Hills have eyes 1 & 2, 28 days & weeks and Alien vs Pred 1 & Equim on its way on BD so i'll find out what they are like compared to DVD (Seen half of them in regular defintion before). Should be here mid week (from play.com)