• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OMG

adz784

shut your ****²ing smart talk just help me, if you dont wanna help me leave me alone.

Carm down mate.I wouldnt talk to Mr T like that unless you want to get banned ;)

Edited by amritpal_sehra

One of the screws unwound but the other wont budge

Where do you hang out adz784?, maybe one of us lives near you. Imagine if your dad answers the door tonight: "your son wreaked his car when you were at work and I've come to fix it"

Good luck with the pull start, once they spring apart its game over unless you have 10 hours and a lot of patience!

You better watch that potty mouth son,you'll find it gets you nowhere,if you cant take a little humour,your in the wrong place,i've tried to help you on every post and you just seem not to listen,maybe if you followed instruction and maintained the model it wouldn't be broken... :closedeyes:

judging by your last post dad comes home in about 1:20 :P:P:P:P

I was 14 when i got my savage. never had any problems maintaining it.

How much experience have you got using screwdrivers etc before you got into the hobby?

Woah 11 members watching this thread :P

Edited by tt-01 mamba

rofl this is almost as funny as the guy who apparently made his own nova heat sink head

adz either just wind it in and pretend it broke some other time or tell your dad the truth

This is probably your best bet ! as you probably only have about 1 hour 17 mins before he gets home, and seeing as you have never tried fixing a broken pullstart brfore, i doubt it very much you will succeed in the ammount of time you have left :good:

*EDIT

BTW Why at 15 are you not allowed to use your truck on your own ?

Edited by largeagain

Adz, you really need to calm down and look at it objectively. Ok, so you're going to get hammered by your dad, hopefully not literally though. Just be honest, you were so keen to have a go that the pull start spring snapped. Now you can tell your dad the next bit and you will be being completely honest. The spring broke because sometimes they just do that. It is not your fault it broke. It can happen to anyone really.

You need to do as Mr T advised and sit down with your manual one night. Have the car with you and just look around it as you read the manual. You don't need to take it apart or anything, just look around it and get yourself familiar with what is what. As a newbie to the hobby there is a lot to learn, you will be extremely keen just to get on with it which is understandable. But you have to take the time to learn how to do things correctly. That way you will be able to talk to you dad about the car and you will really start to know what you're on about.

Another very good idea is to get out there with other people who are local to you. When I first got into Nitro after years of using electric cars a guy I work with helped me out a great deal. Since then I've learnt a lot more and I am happy with any maintenance I need to do on my car. I'm no expert, but I know enough. It can be very daunting when you first get a nitro car with so much to learn, but trust me, you will learn.

Above all, don't panic, if you panic you'll rush and then make mistakes. It's much better to take your time and do things properly.

And guys, this lad's new to the hobby, he's got a dad who sounds like he's not to be messed with and he's nervous about his first Nitro. Whatever you think of the situation cut him some slack and stop taking the P**S out of him. He's just desperate for help.

And guys, this lad's new to the hobby, he's got a dad who sounds like he's not to be messed with and he's nervous about his first Nitro. Whatever you think of the situation cut him some slack and stop taking the P**S out of him. He's just desperate for help.

With that telling off, i'm glad i didnt take the **** P**S out of the lad

34skx1k.jpg

Oooo that does look like the crank case to me !

maybe the crank case but worst case senario a new one could still be bolted on with the other two bolts

my bad its not the crank case its the back plate the pull start bolts to (not so serious) :good: