• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Crashed! And it hurt

nick19800

Took the car out down to my local homebase carpark to just generally give it a bashing check the steering as i adjusted the toe ealier this evening which is now spot on but made a mistake and let my mate have a go and guess what he went and crashed it head on with the curb at about 30mph, now the damage i can identify so far is a bent chassis,both centre shafts bent and possibly either the centre or front diff or even both as theres a god awful grinding/rattly noise come from the centre and i think thats about it until i start to strip down and try to narrow down the problems.

just typical as i only ran it in yesterday but anyhow im armed with the manual and currently buying a load of new parts off ebay which is then being charged to my divvy mate.

Took the car out down to my local homebase carpark to just generally give it a bashing check the steering as i adjusted the toe ealier this evening which is now spot on but made a mistake and let my mate have a go and guess what he went and crashed it head on with the curb at about 30mph, now the damage i can identify so far is a bent chassis,both centre shafts bent and possibly either the centre or front diff or even both as theres a god awful grinding/rattly noise come from the centre and i think thats about it until i start to strip down and try to narrow down the problems.

just typical as i only ran it in yesterday but anyhow im armed with the manual and currently buying a load of new parts off ebay which is then being charged to my divvy mate.

You think thats bad? I let a friend have a go of my LSS, and he let it get RUN OVER. Its now sitting in my box of bits as spares for my LSP.

well i took it all apart last night and it seems that theres pretty limited damage it looks like its the centre prop shafts and the chassis took the brunt of the impact so ive got replacement shafts and chassis for 15 quid off ebay which was a result (for my mate anyway as hes paying for it lol) all i got to do now is remember which bit goes where lol

Not bad concidering i bought it last wednesday and ran it in on saturday afternoon then 2 days later im taking apart to fix it lol

Edited by nick19800

I never let anyone use mine, not after seeing my mates use my friends car. They just have no idea, they bent a lot of stuff on his car and broke 2 wheels and thrashed the engine.

I'd never let anyone touch my Revo, far too expensive!!

you'll have to excuse me as im completely new to all this but is there ways of changing the gearing for different effects ie more top speed/acceleration plus what sort of upgrades can be made to improve the car, is it worth changing the exhaust to a so called more expensive performance exhaust

you'll have to excuse me as im completely new to all this but is there ways of changing the gearing for different effects ie more top speed/acceleration plus what sort of upgrades can be made to improve the car, is it worth changing the exhaust to a so called more expensive performance exhaust

You can change the gearing to give more top end speed or better accelration. Stock gearing is usually set to give the best balance of both. Changing the clutch bell and/or the spur gear with more or less teeth on them.

A performance exhaust will give better performance, some give better power in the low/mid/high rev range.

It is an un-written rule

DO NOT LET STRANGERS / FRIENDS / FAMILY HAVE A GO!

Unless they can pay for it

I let my brother X sister have a go

Burnt a good lump out the clutch and damaged the headgasket/compression rings

My dad cant drive it back up - he dont like how it goes

Left = Right

Right = Left

Regulary bumped kerbs...

Uncle

Cant drive for life nore money....

He kept stalling it - yeah i know....

and couldn't handle the power

Ziggy

what would anybody say the hyper 7 tq sport .28 top speed would be with a good tune just out of curiosity

So many people just guess at these things, it would be interesting to see some evidence. I.e a reading taken with a speed gun. The magazine review of the hyper 7 tq black that was posted on here the other day showed they had recorded the top speed at 37mph or something close to that.

I would say 40mph would be fairly accurate based on that.