• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

Non RC this time.

Various colors of 18awg cables in 15m coils.

A load of GX16 aviation connectors.

1605 ballnut.

M3 & M4 nuts, washers, bolts.

But my other Chinese purchase I've waited a month for turned out that it never cleared customs and was returned to sender!!!

Ripping my hair out over that one as it is much needed :boredlook:

1 minute ago, .AJ. said:

All these bits for my Truck build from Stella Models, it was only posted Wednesday, so 3 day shipping :) 

About time some UK sellers learned from these overseas suppliers, 3 to 4 days from HK and Canada! come on England :lol:

• Haha 1

On 3 July 2018 at 18:59, ChrisT said:

Some sponsor decals for the sleeves on drivers :D (pound coin is for scale)

DSCF7953.jpg

Have you got a link for these ?

10 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Have you got a link for these ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153070957479

I messaged the seller asking iff the smaller driver decals were available seperatley and that I'd be interested in 3 sheets.

He messaged me back saying, "just buy this set and I'll send out 3 driver decal sheets only".

Top notch service, paid for and posted same day, arrived the next.

• Like 1

Not postie but Lidl have 400ml cans of various primers and paints this week.  I got some rust preventer (red oxide style) and some black under car treatment.  2 for £4.  They have etching primer and aluminium zinc type stuff too.

I confess I've been a bit distracted from model car matters recently, as I have been preparing for the Asylum Steampunk Festival due to take place in Lincoln in August. However I have managed to merge the two interests thanks to a bunch of steampunks from New Zealand, who came up with "Splendid Teapot Racing". In essence, this involves building a teapot themed radio controlled car and racing it around an obstacle course against the clock time trial style.

I am building such a vehicle, and today I received the last parts that I will require to finish the body! They are the seat belts for the mouse drivers, the lights, the number plates and a bag of decorative cogwheels that I will use to detail the front of the body shell.

Photos to come when it is all together!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Yea pretty much, controlled by a esc with limit switches to cut the power when it’s full travel and it’s rated to lift 10kg, so has a bit of torque to it 

http://www.tamiya.de/CommonFiles/Dickie-Tamiya/PDM_Products/Tamiya/300056545/300056545_ACU-01_Antriebs-Set.pdf

5768424_C-0_E87-4_FDF-97_F4-7_EB1097_EBF

You have got to vid it lifting a full load!

6 minutes ago, 53HRA said:

Sorry we missed you card. Didn’t expect Rcmart to deliver in 4 days from HK to UK. 6 days was a record, 4 is beating UK suppliers, and no customs makes it a no brainier :lol: 

I'm among the rebels too. I barely bought anything from the u.k. at all this year :whistling:

Ordered a load of electrical wiring, accessories, tooling yesterday that came to £100 :o

However, To buy the same stuff over here would be just shy of £200!.

No brainer indeed :rolleyes:

Needed some GX16 aviation connectors the other week. U.K. wanted like £2 per m/f pair.

Got 10 pairs for £6.50 & a 10 day wait instead. U.K. is getting a bit ridiculous to say the least.