• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 Vs E-Firestorm (Race)

RobG

A guy at work reckons his mate has a super dooper tuned Hyper 7 that can do in excess of 54mph! After ranting how fast my e-firestorm is I have to put my money where my mouth is and race this guy. I have an E-Firestorm with mamba max 5700 and 3S Lipo. The fastest I have got is 59 mph so I'm guessing I don't have too much to worry about right? I've never raced a nitro before but looking forward to it :D

I don't think these guys have seen a mamba max powered car before :whistling:

You'll beat it mate,a nitro has to wind up where as the brushless is 100% power straight away and its lighter too.... :)

I think the biggest challenge is controlling the power and keeping the front wheels down! I have flipped that thing at 40-50mph when I hit full throttle too quickly.

If its a .21 Hyper then YPB lads clocked it at 46mph, totally standard so id say your going to win ;)

Apparantly the guy has spent quite a lot of time and money to get this Hyper 7 well into the 50's... I don't know much about nitro's but I get the impression that he may get a suprise that an electric car can be so quick. A lot of people aren't as knowledgeable about electric cars as the people that use this forum ;)

Apparantly the guy has spent quite a lot of time and money to get this Hyper 7 well into the 50's... I don't know much about nitro's but I get the impression that he may get a suprise that an electric car can be so quick. A lot of people aren't as knowledgeable about electric cars as the people that use this forum ;)

Thats very true, non-users of forums or less knowledgeable people, think "Oh an engine, against batteries, engine will easy win"

But they don't know about Brushless ;)

How much is the bet for :whistling:

My money is on the mamba ;)

So would mine if it was a straight drag race.

But result might depends on the rules........

- If I was running the Hyper I'd try to crash into the Firestorm and trash it - The Hyper would come out on top rofl rofl

• 4 weeks later...

Because the e firestorms motor is at the rear, you might have trouble keeping the front wheels on the ground,

It might be a good idea to atach a fishing weight or something to the front to keep the wheels on the ground.

Hmmm I've got the Hyper 7 and a Rustler

And the E-firestorm is the shame layout and yarder yarder

And im sorry but E-firestorm will win hands down

The Lighter - Instant power - Smoother Accleration will allow it to win

Im sorry any distance the EFS will win

If u gave the hyper a long distance race - and a good headstart

The electric will still storm up the road

Ziggy