• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper head ache, non starter

bobsomebody

had my car going fine yesterday, after putting some new parts on [shock springs etc] but today no matter how hard I tried it wouldnt even try and start. Engine is primed properly and all batteries charged. The engine was warmed by a hair dryer. What could it be? I tried pushing the throttle out a bit but still nothing. Checked glow plug, it was fine. Any help would be good.

just when I think I have it , it plays up. Not had 1 day of running it properly in a few weeks-its beginning to **** me off!

Know THAT feeling very well.

If you have an inline fuel filter then, providing your tanks not full of crap, take it off. Quite a few people have had problems with them.

Damo

May try this myself, just to get the thing to keep a tune.

I think the problem with a lot of people who are tunning the car and then wondering why it won't start the next time is they are tuning the Engine whilst it's warm. Try getting the Engine all tuned and then richen 1/8th of a turn you won't loose any performance and it should be easy to start next time you go to start the Engine. Also once you have these two set in place and stopped running the car I'd take the air filter off and adjust the idle to the 0.5mm to 1mm gap again in the carb as it may be larger or smaller after the tuning,

Dunno if this helps anyone just thought it might be useful

Chris :whistling:

How much tuning have you done to it ? it sounds like its off tune.

Croaky could be too rich but if you adjusted the settings too much its gonna be a nightmare to get running right, might be worth resetting the needles to base setings then lean both needles 1/16th, then retune from there.

ok, update if anyone cares. Got it started today no problem but it seems to have a mind of its own. Starts up then idles for a second or 2 then suddenly kicks in almost full throttle and when I adjust the trim it calms down a bit then speeds up on its own!! Its like its auto adjusting to have full throttle! Im so over it now, its been so long since it worked Im pretty close to just selling it so if anyone has any tips as Im completely stumped and having a car that doesnt respond to my controller is a bit daunting. cheers

ok the saga continues... I got it started and managed to fight it from zooming off by adjusting trim. I let it idle for a couple of mins to see if it would go mad and it did after a minute then calmed down after I tweaked the trim again, it then cut out so started up again no probs. Idled until it settled then drove it around really slow because Im scared it might shoot off with its unusual behaviour. Ran it until tank empty then filled up started again and it went in reverse!! What the hell!! So I stopped it and re-started and it was ok. So confusing. Any ideas? I ran 2 tanks through it and it seemed to clear out a bit and was running ok-ish apart from this reverse thing.

oil in your one way bearing (OWB), simply take the pullstart off (carful on the bobbin, make sure it don't come out), followed by the back plate (there is a washer behind this), you will then have a fan type thing in side (the OWB), simply put some tissue, or cotton wool buds around it to clean it up, and do the same for the small shaft that goes into it, then put it all back together.

basicly because of the oil the OWB can slip, and now and then the engine will back fire on starting, making the engine spin in the wrong way, causing the car to go in reverse.

ok, I think next time I take it out [not for a week or so due to work] I will see what its upto. I have a sneaky idea that the strange throttle behaviour is due to the transmitter or the LSN being too rich as it was very boggy. Next time it goes backwards I will take it apart and have a tinkle, thing is I just put a roto start on-will this have any effect?Thanks for your help guys.