• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

will modelsport uk .....

jappa

i,m sure on their site they had a page saying they will service your rc car for you.i can,t find it now :shockingscary:

i,d like to send them my baja as i just can not get it to run right or brake properly.

i think i,m correct in thinking that if they tune it for me i wont need to touch it again

Youd be better off taking it to a local hobby shop and theyd be able to show you how to do it yourself.

You will ALWAYS have to tweak bits here and there so its best to know how to do it yourself.

Damo

actually upon checking it was wheelspin models.are they any good?

your right mate about lhs.the problem i have with them is they are bloody dear and only interested in selling me more bits.i may trey though as imo what needs fixing is basic.i just cant get my head round it

What problems are you experiencing?

I suggest returning all setting back to factory, itll tell you what they are in the manual, then see how its behaving then post here and im sure someone will be able to help you out :thumbsup:

Damo

Edited by boze

well its a hpi baja so this may get moved.

basically i ran it yesterday for the first time after running in.i tuned it and it ran perfect.

today i went out and foolishly played with the settings.messed them up(must have been too rich as the plug was blacked up with carbon deposits)

got it home cleaned the plug started it up outside my house and it ran away :helpsmilie: even with failsafe on.

so sorted that and went back out.

the car was now back at factory settings(although not the idle as i cant find that out). started it up and it revved up like mad.couldnt drive it.tried adjusting the idle but it made no difference,only richening the lsn made a difference,doing that made it idle (for all i know the actual idle is so far out and thats why i can only adjust with the lsn)

ok so now its driving.very boggy (obv because its so rich) turning the lsn leaner only makes it idle like mad. however now when i touch the brake it pulls the throttle on the carb to the right(not sure if its meant to do this) and stalls the engine.

the servo is set ok.

the brake has never really worked no matter how much i adjust it.

just took it outside to try again and now i can just about get it to keep idle but when i rev it the wheels barely spin :helpsmilie:

you see for someone in the know its probably very basic to fix but for me i could be trying loads of things with no success.my idea is to give it to someone get them to set the brake up,set the tuning then i wont have to adjust the tuning unless i get another exhaust or something.

you see for someone in the know its probably very basic to fix but for me i could be trying loads of things with no success.my idea is to give it to someone get them to set the brake up,set the tuning then i wont have to adjust the tuning unless i get another exhaust or something.

The 1st thing i would suggest is to try asking a friend or relative who knows a bit about RC - even if they don't know much about building cars because they perhaps fly heli's or run boats etc it's worth asking as they may well know what to do if it's electrical or light mechanical as Nitro engines in cars & heli's are very similar & do the same job, in some cases even the brake systems share some component parts between heli's & cars (some of the more elaborate older heli's have braking systems on the rotors as a safety feature).. failing that, see where the nearest track or club is & take the car along one day & ask people there to point you in the right direction. One thing i found that helped me was having friends who were into the hobby & i'd sooner ask them for advice than go into a hobby shop & have a sales pitch instead of useful advice.

I've heard people sending cars in to hobby shops for a "service" but as someone else said a lot (not all) only offer this service as an excuse to sell you more parts. The problem is when you send the car to a dealer for a service, you simply don't know who is picking fault to sell you more upgrades to make themselves more money or who is doing genuine servicing repairs replacing worn or broken parts until you get the car back & have paid the bill.

Right it definately sounds like your idle set up is all wrong. The idle screw should be set so that even if the servo pulls it it wont close past a certain point that is the point youve set the screw to. Ya know? So switch off radio gear, pop your air filter off and with your hand hold the carb closed and screw in/out the idle screw and you will feel and see the carb opening/closing, set it to a 1mm gap (i think its 1mm with bajas). Then with the filter still off switch on your radio gear and turn the throttle trim down till it stops at the idle point. Your idle is now set and you can continue tuning. Remember the HSN actually affects the LSN so you will have to set the HSN first.

If youre still having trouble ask the guys in the petrol section as they know everything haha

Damo

ive got all the filter off but cant see any opening or closing going on in the carb :shockingscary: which bit should i be looking at.all the screw seems to do is move the little arm it sits on.even if i move the screw all the way in or out it seems to not actually do anything inside the carb :helpsmilie:

ive got all the filter off but cant see any opening or closing going on in the carb :shockingscary: which bit should i be looking at.all the screw seems to do is move the little arm it sits on.even if i move the screw all the way in or out it seems to not actually do anything inside the carb :helpsmilie:

just switch on ur radio gear and try applying the break. if im right in thinking, the idle has to be screwed in in order for there to be a gap. once you see an approx 1mm gap with the break applied, its set perfect. once you have that set up, watch this vid and it will tell you all you need to know about how to set the HSN and LSN;

good luck!

p.s. im getting a baja in april probably. cant wait :D. march if i can manage to squirrel my way out of paying board and lodgings and give mum more money the next pay :P.

i think its sorted now.i took off the carb and had a good look to see what the idle screw actually does.it doesnt actually do anything inside the carb,what it does is adjusts the position of the throttle arm.i must have unscrewed it too much and it was no longer holding the arm so when i braked it automatically ulled the throttle arm the wrong way.

i put it all back together,all at factory settings and got it running on a stand(old table lol) here i could actually play around with the idle,lsn and the throttletrim on the transmitter without actually driving the car up the road.

it seems fine now.i havent touched the hsn and cant really until i drive it properly.a quick drive around the garden saw it act very peppy.so it should be ok now.

you need to get one mate.they are true monsters.40mh doesnt sound fast compared to a nitro which does maybe 45 however they are bloody fast(i have an ss) on loose gravel its actually hard to kee it in a straight line after turning.

i love it and am going to get the rear dom pipe for a bit more power :whistling: